OnePlus X

I can only echo as well that the phone is absolutely fantastic, I've been using mine since 15:00PM yesterday afternoon and it hasn't missed a beat so far and it's very quick - and to also reiterate that the build quality is excellent, my expectations were exceeded and especially given the fact that it's a £200 phone.

My only very minor gripes with the phone so far are as follows:

The SD card bug which is present after the latest update (which will be fixed in due course anyway)

The factory fitted screen protector could do with being a little bigger, it doesn't cover the entire circumference of the screen (I've got a tempered glass screen on the way though)

The location of the lock / wake button & the volume rockers, I feel that they could be placed slightly higher up on the side of the phone as so far I'm finding myself pressing one of the volume rockers to wake the phone - obviously this is also because of the SIM / SD card tray present near the top and I will get used to this but I'm used to the lock / wake button being positioned higher up just like it was on on my Galaxy Alpha.

Overall though, I'm very happy with the phone so far.

Liam.

My son wants a new phone for christmas and this might fit the bill - what's the score with getting an invite for one? Does someone here have an invite they could send me please?

[HB]Rugrat;28832222 said:
My son wants a new phone for christmas and this might fit the bill - what's the score with getting an invite for one? Does someone here have an invite they could send me please?

Sign up now and you'll probably get one through in the next week or two - then about a week to deliver.

Mine would have turned up today if i hadn't delayed it till tomorrow, considering I ordered it Friday thats pretty good going :)

The only way I can wake it up without pressing the power button, is by either double tapping or saying "OK Google"

That seems like normal operation? The 'glance' type screen (forget what it's actually called) only comes on if you configure it to, and even then it doesn't actually turn the screen fully on.

And with regards to the gestures, have you tried both V and O when the screen is fully off?

That seems like normal operation? The 'glance' type screen (forget what it's actually called) only comes on if you configure it to, and even then it doesn't actually turn the screen fully on.

And with regards to the gestures, have you tried both V and O when the screen is fully off?

I can't remember what it's called, but I saw it on the initial startup screen. It said you can either wave your hand over it, or pick it up and the screen comes on.

Isn't waving your hand over and triggering the light sensor to display the screen and notifications what 'ambient display' is?

Nope, ambient does the same thing when you receive a notification, proximity wake is if you trigger the sensor.

Either way, mine all works as intended.

Back
Top Bottom