Ones that got away...

Soldato
somebody say drama!?

haven't seen corro for years and i need some angst or just mindless moaning.... :D:D

Ditto these...

"Worst i turned down a passable bird thread ever "

"skippi90 Worst 'I consumed alcohol' thread, ever. "

:p

Associate
They never get away.

fridge.jpg

Soldato
Funnily enough, for me the 'ones that got away' (plural) were during my early twenties. Later on I had to push them out the door:D

Now of course I realise they weren't really 'the ones' after all. Chin up lad - feel I've earned the right now, to sound ever-so slightly condescending :p

Permabanned
OP
Listening to sad songs isn't going to help

Sad as I am to admit it, that song gets me pumped. :p

I got a couple of texts last night from a girl I was dating a couple of years back and it was pretty serious I guess. For delicious irony, I pushed her out the door and then decided when I didn't have her, I wanted her. Haven't shared that little detail with her though! It's been on and off since we stopped seeing each other. Anyhoo, she's recently gotten engaged and hasn't been able to leave me alone since. Just makes me wonder if she's not wearing socks.

And I really, really want to be well behaved (this time)! :o

I've got my "one that (nearly) got away" so I am very lucky. I am not, however, 21. So therefore Mr. OP stop worrying about wimins and GET A JOB. :D

I now have one! HAHAHAHA! I AM EMPLOYED! No more dirty studenthood! :D

Consigliere
Sad as I am to admit it, that song gets me pumped. :p

I got a couple of texts last night from a girl I was dating a couple of years back and it was pretty serious I guess. For delicious irony, I pushed her out the door and then decided when I didn't have her, I wanted her. Haven't shared that little detail with her though! It's been on and off since we stopped seeing each other. Anyhoo, she's recently gotten engaged and hasn't been able to leave me alone since. Just makes me wonder if she's not wearing socks.

And I really, really want to be well behaved (this time)! :o

If it gets you pumped, fair enough then. :p

It is always the way. When you know you can't have someone, you want them again. It's why guys love to chase girls who shrug them off completely. It makes it more interesting. Few guys love it if a woman is all over them instantly...it makes it too easy.

If she is engaged, leave her well alone. Not worth it. It would cause too much pain, guilt and problems for the sake of something that lasts for such a short period of time.

Soldato
"There comes a time in your life when you realize who will always matter, who does matter, & who never did. So don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future"

I have to say I live by that quote. After my last EX I was pretty hurt and couldn't imagine life without her. Now it's a different story. I realised very quickly, she was poison!

Man of Honour
I tried. I failed. Bite me.

So my housemates are telling me that I'm too young (21) to have a 'one that got way.'

I disagree. GD, unleash the fury - what are your thoughts? Do you have ones that you would drop everything for and come running to?

You're not too young to have one that got away but they're right in that you shouldn't let it beat you. You are too young for that in such a respect. Uni's great for meeting people and yes you'll miss how easy it is. Down south as well people don't live for the weekend like to do further up so it just means you'll have to meet lasses elsewhere.

And yes I have one or two that I fancied the pants out of and let run away. One was a girl who I believe another member here may have had in one of those small world coincidences...

Permabanned
OP
You're not too young to have one that got away but they're right in that you shouldn't let it beat you. You are too young for that in such a respect. Uni's great for meeting people and yes you'll miss how easy it is. Down south as well people don't live for the weekend like to do further up so it just means you'll have to meet lasses elsewhere.

And yes I have one or two that I fancied the pants out of and let run away. One was a girl who I believe another member here may have had in one of those small world coincidences...

All fair. I've never let myself get hung up on her by 'saving myself' or owt daft like that and I do alright for myself with the wimmins, though I'm no Charlie Harper by any means! Just can't help but wonder what could have been as she was probably one of the few serious girlfriends I've had that I could stomach after a couple of years/wasn't dangerously unstable!

That bit about sharing the love round OcUK sounds intriguing! Naming names or what? :p

Back
Top Bottom