• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ongoing problems with 5700XT

Associate
OP
No new to PC and it's my first build but I was getting BSOD at the start with few teething problems but seen on Reddit if I change my PCI to Gen3 bios it should work with my Mobo then should say in wattman system - hardware Current bus settings 3.0 x16

Oh right I see! What's your mobo?

Associate
I've got a 550W Seasonic Focus gold PSU

IIRC, this particular PSU is known to have issues with some GPUs, but mainly VEGA and one specific NVidia card. Doesn't sound like the issue in your case, but if you have another PSU you can swap it with it might be worth a try if you have exhausted the other possibilities. On the Vega I think it was due to the cards having heavy power spikes which caused the PSU's protection to trip. Usually that would mean it just rebooting or powering off.

Associate
OP
IIRC, this particular PSU is known to have issues with some GPUs, but mainly VEGA and one specific NVidia card. Doesn't sound like the issue in your case, but if you have another PSU you can swap it with it might be worth a try if you have exhausted the other possibilities. On the Vega I think it was due to the cards having heavy power spikes which caused the PSU's protection to trip. Usually that would mean it just rebooting or powering off.

That's what it was originally thought the problem was definitely. Today though I've enabled XMP for my RAM, disabled freesync and ReLive and it seems to be working well. I'll have to see if there's any issues in the coming days!

Currently got it underclocked/undervolted to 1950mhz 1045mV at 890mhz VRAM as was suggested to me previously too, hopefully that goes well.

Caporegime
That's what it was originally thought the problem was definitely. Today though I've enabled XMP for my RAM, disabled freesync and ReLive and it seems to be working well. I'll have to see if there's any issues in the coming days!

Currently got it underclocked/undervolted to 1950mhz 1045mV at 890mhz VRAM as was suggested to me previously too, hopefully that goes well.

*Subbed*

PS: modern PSU's only have one 12v rail, unless you're buying cheap, don't! with single rail PSU's doesn't matter if you daisy-chain, its all daisy-chained before it gets to the cables.

Associate
OP
Just a lil' update - Seems to be running okay with stock voltage/Mhz, but touching Underclocking still doesn't seem to go down too well after a few hours of gaming.

Back
Top Bottom