Online Football Manager

Associate
Not sure if this should be here, or in the games section but..

Is there anyone interested in playing this? Here

I can set up a league myself as i have a Premium Season Ticket, and make it just for OcUK people.

If i get enough interest i will go ahead and make it.

Associate
OP
It's good but you don't do a whole lot, you manage the team, can train players, buy/sell etc.

You decide tactics and lineup etc, and games are played once a day.

Won't appeal to everyone, in a way it's like fantasy football leagues.

Associate
OP
mr tommo said:
do you win anything?
Define win anything?

You play in a league, which simulates the English Premiership and all it's teams, or the Spanish league etc. The teams have all the players and have rankings/values and you're team has a goal in the league e.g. Chelsea/Arsenal/Man Utd to be #1 and other teams have lower expectations.

In the league you play each other twice, and there is cup games two. The only things you can win is the league or the cup. You don't always get good teams, but the aim is to do better than the goal you get from the club.

It's just a bit of fun, takes up 10 mins a day really. And i can make my own league so it would be OcUK only if i done so.

Associate
OP
It will be a day or two til the league will be ready but i will let you all know. Once it is ready, post your OFM id's here so i can let you join :)

Associate
OP
There will be 19 spaces, 20 teams in total. The teams will be last seasons English Premiership teams and players until the database is updated when the transfer windows close on all leagues.

I have requested the league so i just have to wait til it's made, i will let you all know the league id when i have it and you can all post you're id's here so i can accept you on it.

Associate
OP
Here is a list of the Id's so far, could anyone else who wishes to play please post there id and i will update the list.

OFM id's :

1. Big Eck
2. dhill
3. diddums100
4. oakesy2001uk
5. mr tommo
6. molinari
7. mcolby1988
8. chris2485

Last edited:
Associate
OP
OK the league is ready, if you are interested please sign up and post id's and i will accept you, only 8 places filled so cmon!!

league id = 2677

Also forgot to say, in your profile after joining the league put the teams you would like to manage, if they are available they will be offered.

If you apply and leave id's i will accept you all later today

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well so far there is only me and three other managers, if in a day or two there is no more than 10 i will open the league to others. It is a lot better when the spaces are filled :)

Associate
OP
dhill said:
Ive joined up now :)
I've accepted you so you can manage nearly any team as only i have taken a team so far, thats now 5 of us joined the league so far but nobody is managing a team yet. So come on people join up!! :)

Associate
OP
Is it saying it's not interested in people without season tickets? I'll try see if i can change that, otherwise have to wait til 12.15 tonight and onwards to manage a team :p

Associate
OP
A little guide for people.

The teams: The better the team for example - Chelsea,Arsenal,Man utd will have players in the squad with a lot higher ratings than lower teams. Each teams have different goals and you want to beat this, of course everyones goal is to win the league. Note it will be hard to do this with the lower teams.

Training players: You need to hire the four trainers and train up the players in the squad. In pre-season which is now that lasts for four days i reccomend training up the key players in your squad you will use in the season, if there age isn't too high that is. For players to gain much in training i advise 16-28 maximum, the lower the better chance. You should also sell the lower rating players as the computer can buy them from you giving you money to buy new players to improve squad. Note: only season ticket holders can use scout to scout players from any league, normal accounts can only buy players on the for sale list.

Tactics: Your tactics work different agaisnt each team depending what tactics they use. Your best to expierment with tactics and find out which best works for you.

The league: You will have to wait til tonight from 12.15 onwards to join a team, as first day is only for season ticket holders.

Just have a look about all the options and you'll find everything easy to grasp i'm sure. And don't worry if you haven't got the best team, or your team isn't winning all the time. Just try get above the rank your team board wants! Although it is good to have a good team too sometimes :)

Make sure that you get sponsors for you're team as this is a main source of income, aswell as selling players. If you have a season ticket you can get extra money from stadium upgrades.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
When the season starts you will start to gain money from sponsors etc, and from selling players. There will be many players on the transferlist :)

*edited guide*

Associate
OP
Oakesy2001uk said:
I take it this is just a bit of fun rather than being accurate, as it is based on 2 attributes. Morientes is my best forward :eek:

Am I right in saying as long as defenders are in defence and midfielders are in midfield it dosent really matter where they play?
Correct :)

The database won't be updated til the transfer window closes so the attributes and squads aren't so accurate now.

Back
Top Bottom