Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

I think what is required is a rule defining what is stable and what isn't!

Since everyone has there own idea as to what stable is how about implementing this;

1 Prime Stable - Ultimate in stabilty - 100%
2 Seti Stable - Probably 98% to 100% stable
3 1mb PI Stable - Only good for a few benchies
4 Paint stable - Switch on, screen grab, paint, save, crash!

Originally posted by stowenrat
@weescott my picture seems to have gone so only you and me might remember what I posted! I posted 215*11.5 at I 1.85, the temps I get with an slk-947 are 50 idle and 55 load so I use 210*11.5 and run 42 idle and nowhere near 50 load.

I posted the other one at 215*12 but would never use it!

Those temps are not as high as one might have thought! Nice!

re your pic...just as well I have been keeping the table upto date

All with a mediocre overclock! - How modest!

Screenies can be faked. If people want to do that then they are just cheating themselves and going against the spirit of overclocking. All the screenies in this thread could have been faked. We have to accept people word for it..PERIOD!

As for the stability thing; to me stable is prime stable and not with BSOD's. If the majority agree with me I ill put that in the opening thread. If people dont want to do Prime then fine. A Pi stable will do or not stable at all. It's just good to see everyone trying to push thier system a bit further.

People will always ask "is that a stable overclock?" and to clearly define what 'stable' is will save a lot of unnecessary discussions on a thread that is - Just for fun!

Originally posted by =D.N.A=
I dont understand :/ what good is a overclocked pentium 4 at 5ghz if it isnt stable?

I'm surprised no one has said that sooner.

It's all just a bit of fun to find the maximum of your system. if you want it stable then you can just downclock till it is.

I had 2850mhz unstable but run my PC at 2700mhz max.

Back
Top Bottom