Only MAJOR overclockers need apply - survey!

Soldato
Mobile barton at 2750
(12.5x220)

Water cooled with 2v

Marvt70-1mbsuperpi.jpg

Associate
CPUZ--MBM5.jpg

Here is mine... Still got a lot of OCing to do yet...

Ignore the case temp its reading wrong... I have a temp probe inside and its 30C.

AMD XP-M Stepping = IQYHA

Associate
AMD XP-M 2500 IQYHA
1GB XMS Corsair 2x512 2.5-2-2-7 1:1 Ratio
DFI LANPARTY NFII ULTRA B
THERMALTAKE VOLCANO 12

Hope thats a bit more...

The rest is...

Sapphire 9800 Pro 128mb
Zalman ZM-MFC1 Fan controller - Running 4 Coolermaster 80mm fans 2 front intake 2 back outtake plus 1 random 80mm on door panel intake (Gonna try and get that one off door panel and turn it to outtake... But its jammed in so need to get something to push the plugs out with)
500W Antec PSU
Chieftec Matrix Case - Server so its absolutley massive
Maxtor 80GB IDE 7200RPM HDD
8x DVD R/RW

Associate
i envy you guys with the mega XP-M's, when i bought mine it was a rubbish OCer and since then the amazing steppings + weeks are gone. Its a lottery now so i guess I'll never have one now :(

Ps, been following your thread on OCAU for your blocks, i'm not gonna miss out on one like i did last time :)

Associate
Slight improvement, with my new watercooling installed... 5 degrees lower than the old one even with the pelts in.

maxclock1.JPG

Unfortunately, I just killed my 9800pro..... Again, the same way I killed my old one, too much Vmem....

I just never learn do I... Spending all that money on pelts and getting it setup and WORKING... Then end up putting too much Vmem and killing the card... How stupid....

With the 2 dead 9800pros and the pelt kit, all together cost MORE than a brand new 6800ultra...

I better review my stupid overclocking projects....

Associate
Originally posted by weescott
I think I should add a table listing all the dead gear due to overclocking too far! :eek:

Not lost anything yet!! Perhaps just been lucky with choice of parts. Nearly 40% overclock and still up and running. Trick is not to get used to the increased performance, then not tempted to run at silly speeds al the time.

Keep on truckin!

Can anybody else claim 38.8% overclcock??? or am I the best overclocker on air?

Permabanned
Highest screenshot I could get with a 2.8c with missing pins and stock hsf - paid £50 for the cpu, mobo and hsf so wasnt too bad. Couldnt get anymore unstable, top stable speed was something like 3400mhz..on 1.60v, no more volts made any difference, prolly psu held it back.

uhggv.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
Here's mine...

After seeing this thread I just restarted and bumped it right up. I think I'm going to try higher.

2-7ghz.jpg

It's an IQYHA Mobile Barton 2500+ on an Abit NF7-S. FSB and Multiplier were set at 219x12.5 with a voltage of 1.95v.

RAM was set at 333MHz with 6-3-3 timings at CAS2.

Cooling was in the form of water cooling, with an Eheim 1048 pump and Danger Den CPU block.

Last edited:
Associate
I haven't really put much effort into overclocking this chip really but this will get me on the table at least. :)

2651.png

Most information is in my signature but the RAM timings are 2-2-2-11.

Back
Top Bottom