Open Back Headset/Headphones for Gaming

Soldato
Xonar U7, because the FiiO E10K has none.

Just a DAC like the E10K would be reliant on separate software for positional sound placement.

You do mention being able to place sounds with just stereo, in player unknown. It could be that that game has built in positional algorithms, so less need for Dolby Headphone or SBX.

It's probably more common now for games to have that built in. Those games that don't, you'd need to use Razer's surround software with a E10K.

U7 being a sound card, has a microphone input. At least you'd just need one device then and not a DAC/amp for headphones and something else for microphone input.

Associate
OP
Cheers Mars, I thought this would be the case.

Going to return the USB Mic I think and just get myself a clip on. This way everything will go through the U7.

Thanks for the advice chaps.

Associate
OP
So the U7 seems good. I no longer hear any interferance through my HD580's and the positional accuracy is spot on.

My only problem now, is that I'm trying to record gameplay and I'm unable to splt my audio. Ideally when recording I want to have, Gameplay, Mic, and then VOIP (Teamspeak, Ventrillo, Discord etc.)

The only work around I can think so to use some in ears and push the VOIP through them and in my recording software assign the audio to that port.

Back
Top Bottom