Openreach Symmetric 1Gbps/1Gbps from April 2025

Hoping to get Openreach fibre in the next few months, currently on VDSL. This would be great. Hopefully, they don't change a lot more for this considering the cost of other fibre providers for symmetrical.
There's nothing to stop you from looking at prices.

It's good to see Openreach keeping up with the front runners more quickly than they have in previous technology advancements.

I wonder if we'll get the upload speed boost automatically, or will Openreach based ISP's make it a paid addon?

openreach or their contractors here at ours today, must be the 3rd visit on the back of them saying fttp is arriving. 1st contractor (cannot install need ducting), 2nd OR engineer came and confirmed the same as the first (assume they did not believe the MJ Quinn contractor), then civils back to do a duct, prob a 4th visit to lay the fibre next...

virgin did it all in one visit. OR looking like at least 4 visits, that gotta be why some of their roll out is so slow.

prob happen all again with freedom fibre who said they are in the area now, offering symmetric, but our post code not live yet...

It's good to see Openreach keeping up with the front runners more quickly than they have in previous technology advancements.
Yeah... Netomnia/YouFibre just announced they're rolling out symmetric ADTRAN 50G PON connections at the end of 2024, available to buy for home and business users soon. I wonder how long before Openreach catch up to that one? :p

Last edited:
I got excited when I saw the 1.2 and 1.6Gbit offerings recently, but realised they only increased the upload a meagre 5Mbit. I don't really need more than 1Gbit down, but I'd certainly like more than 115Mbit up.

Yeah... Netomnia/YouFibre just announced they're rolling out symmetric ADTRAN 50G PON connections at the end of 2024, available to buy for home and business users soon. I wonder how long before Openreach catch up to that one? :p
I hope people remember they might have to update their ethernet cables if they were an early fttp adopter, as the old cables only go to 1gb.

Well looks like I can get Youfiber 900/900 from Jan 2025 for £31.99, I don't think they beat that price tbh :)

Looks like I'll be also able to get 2000/2000 for £49.99 which is pretty much what I pay for 1000Mbps/115Mbps from Aquiss, 8000/8000 will also be available from Youfiber but at £100 per month it too expensive and I just don't need it!

Last edited:
Wish I had Altnets here, it's either Virgin or Openreach.
BT £20/month for 76Mbps. But thinking of giving Aquiss ago with the 300Mbps £45/month.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom