Origin.... EA APP

Caporegime
Soldato
Made the switch yesterday. Seems alright tbh, although I'm probably in the minority of people who isn't fussed about multiple launchers.

Associate
Then they better fix game ownership... BF2042 and Sims 4 show as owned in Origin, EA app says I need to buy them.
Wow, I thought they'd fixed that when my DA:I started working. SMH

Edit: Nabbed some screenshots of my library just in case some other games got 'forgot' when they transfer over.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone had any experience with recovering their EA account?

I've not logged into Origin since it went away, so I downloaded the new app the other month and tried to log in. Log in failed. Password was correct as it was added via a password manager several years ago, so it worked at one point.

I tried the reset password option where it requires you to click a link in an email. But the email never arrives. I gave up.

A few weeks later I tried again and got the same result. At this point I reached out to EA for some help and the online chat guy was absolutely useless. Constantly reading off a script and not actually listening to the problem.

Eventually it transcribes that my account has been disabled to prevent "hackers", and there is no email address associated with the account anymore. After asking for the account to be re-enabled and email updated I got nowhere. More script reading and eventually the chat guy gave up and left.

Anyone got any experience with this? Essentially any games I have acquired on my EA account are inaccessible because too long has passed since I last logged in. EA chat is useless, other help articles don't help. I'm stuck.

Last edited:
Associate
Anyone had any experience with recovering their EA account?

I've not logged into Origin since it went away, so I downloaded the new app the other month and tried to log in. Log in failed. Password was correct as it was added via a password manager several years ago, so it worked at one point.

I tried the reset password option where it requires you to click a link in an email. But the email never arrives. I gave up.

A few weeks later I tried again and got the same result. At this point I reached out to EA for some help and the online chat guy was absolutely useless. Constantly reading off a script and not actually listening to the problem.

Eventually it transcribes that my account has been disabled to prevent "hackers", and there is no email address associated with the account anymore. After asking for the account to be re-enabled and email updated I got nowhere. More script reading and eventually the chat guy gave up and left.

Anyone got any experience with this? Essentially any games I have acquired on my EA account are inaccessible because too long has passed since I last logged in. EA chat is useless, other help articles don't help. I'm stuck.
They added cross progression to Apex a couple months back, which involved merging accounts across various platform.

A friend, who was actively playing the game, had her account deleted during the process i.e. one day she logged on and it said that her email didn't relate to an account. I checked my EA friends list and her profile just had a pic with no name - had to register a new account and lost everything. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened to your account.

EA are an absolute joke.

Back
Top Bottom