OS X 10.7 - Lion

Soldato
I'm finding it difficult to think of things they could surprise me with. Most of the cool things I can think of involve cloud storage and syncing, which obviously has a lot of overlap with MobileMe.

So, unless they decide to buff up the service and make it free to Mac users, 10.7 might be a bit of a let down. I will be particularly impressed if they get me excited about it.

Soldato
How long after the announcement is this likely to be released?

Holding out for a MacBook Pro to see if there is an update anyway so if it comes with the new OSX as well that would be a bonus.

Soldato
How long after the announcement is this likely to be released?

Holding out for a MacBook Pro to see if there is an update anyway so if it comes with the new OSX as well that would be a bonus.

I'd imagine it will be a preview and end up being a next year release. Like April or something.

Soldato
I am hoping they sort out the faffing about that has to be done just to change a measly hard disk in a macbook/pro. It is the reason why I haven't upgraded mine yet and I am fast running out of space :/ It won't be a top priority feature anyway I guess.

Soldato
I am hoping they sort out the faffing about that has to be done just to change a measly hard disk in a macbook/pro. It is the reason why I haven't upgraded mine yet and I am fast running out of space :/ It won't be a top priority feature anyway I guess.

Which macbook/pro? The new ones are easy. Unscrew the bottom panel, unscrew the hard drive, fit a new one :) they;re user replaceable as well I believe.

Soldato
Hard drives are easy to upgrade dude!

I've done an upgrade on a new one then put that hard drive in a old non-unibody one which was still easy to do!

500GB 7200RPM! Noice! Still very small though! :eek:

Caporegime
Hard drives are easy to upgrade dude!

I've done an upgrade on a new one then put that hard drive in a old non-unibody one which was still easy to do!

500GB 7200RPM! Noice! Still very small though! :eek:

I've really wanted to do this with my Aluminium Unibody 13" mac

What hard drives do you need to use ? last time i looked there was all sorts of recommendations and disagreements so i just forgot about it.

Back
Top Bottom