** OSX Yosemite **

Associate
Well:

- Safari three finger swipe for back/forward works about 15% of the time.

- Steam isn't have any of it and won't open.
- Safari is quite juddery and slow (maybe spec related? dunno).

But those I can put up with, although the three-finger swipe is a right pain in actual usage, it's amazing how much I depend on it. Have reported them and will see what comes of it.

Because it's a two finger swipe? Or does it depend on the hardware? My early '13 MBP is 100% a two finger swipe for back/forward. :confused:

My safari is slow though, there's a random pause where it just stops loading the page for about 2-3 seconds. I've reset everything, lost a password or two in the process and the problem continues. :mad:

Edit: I'm a peen, just realised this is a Yosemite thread. I'm on Mavericks. Hope they haven't really cocked the swiping up, or it's fixed by launch. :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Safari is horrible for me, constantly freezes, has problems loading videos properly, its a nightmare lol. It was much better in the dev previews.

I'm having the exact same issues. Almost tempted to back to Mavericks for a bit as its very irritating. I'll no doubt end up waiting for Apple to fix it though :p

Well:

- Safari three finger swipe for back/forward works about 15% of the time.
- Steam isn't have any of it and won't open.
- Safari is quite juddery and slow (maybe spec related? dunno).

But those I can put up with, although the three-finger swipe is a right pain in actual usage, it's amazing how much I depend on it. Have reported them and will see what comes of it.

Do you mean the two finger swipe? If so I'm having the exact same problem.

Whats your spec? I'm on a 2013 Haswell MBA i5/8GB/256SSD

Soldato
Just downloaded and installed in around 20 minutes from start to finish, Steam works fine, Safari works perfectly (not slow, not juddery even while it's still "optimising my mac"), all of my Native Instruments stuff works fine.

Everything seems perfect so far, to date I don't think I've ever had a problem with any OS X update, must be lucky!

Soldato
I'm having the exact same issues. Almost tempted to back to Mavericks for a bit as its very irritating. I'll no doubt end up waiting for Apple to fix it though :p

Honestly it was always three fingers for forward/back. I've been doing it that way since 2008 just fine?

Having said that, two fingers doesn't work either. :p

It's a 2008 13" C2D Alu Macbook, 4GB/250HDD.

Soldato

It was flawless for me on the developer previews, my main browser is chrome but I was starting to think I should move over to Safari. Its not a deal breaker thou. I think it should also be fixed soon.

I have a Haswell 13" rMBP, with similar specs as you.

its a beta....

Really?

God forbid people download and install a public beta and you know test and discuss the issues on a forum.

Associate
Installed last night. Took me a few moments to get used to the new font. Not had any real problems so far - Safari seems a little slower, and things seem a little slower to open, but it was to be expected.

The only real major issue so far, is when using MplayerX, when double clicking within the video window to go to full screen, it turns the video a complete black white instead.

Associate
It was flawless for me on the developer previews, my main browser is chrome but I was starting to think I should move over to Safari. Its not a deal breaker thou. I think it should also be fixed soon.

I have a Haswell 13" rMBP, with similar specs as you.

Really?

God forbid people download and install a public beta and you know test and discuss the issues on a forum.

Well to make a great final product the feedback tool is in the dock so they can look at all these issues.

Soldato
Just restored my Macbook Air back to Mavericks, the beta is a little too unstable for me right now. Very much looking forward to using Yosemite in a few months though :)

Back
Top Bottom