Otto Warmbier, 15 years hard labour?

Soldato
So doctors have disputed the cause of the damage to the lads brain tissue. Incredibly sad what has happened to him. Articles seem to say that he is in a state of 'awake' unresponsiveness and shows no signs of being able to speak or understand language. Doctors say tehre is no sign of any physical abuse and that the damage is similar to what you would see from respiratory arrest.

I think maybe whoever questioned the lad in NK stopped him breathing for long enough to start damaging his brain.

Soldato
So doctors have disputed the cause of the damage to the lads brain tissue. Incredibly sad what has happened to him. Articles seem to say that he is in a state of 'awake' unresponsiveness and shows no signs of being able to speak or understand language. Doctors say tehre is no sign of any physical abuse and that the damage is similar to what you would see from respiratory arrest.

I think maybe whoever questioned the lad in NK stopped him breathing for long enough to start damaging his brain.
Wasn't he shown at his trial and sentencing though? He hadn't been seen since then so this must have happened later. It was a silly thing for him to try and do, but this is a horrible thing to happen to him and his family.

Soldato
Not going to argue that trying to steal something, anything while in North Korea is possibly the stupidest thing you could do. However, the lad has totally been compromised by NK to hide whatever was done to him. Poor guy.

Permabanned
Done 10 minutes of reading up on google so am now qualified as an armchair expert and can say his propsects for any sort of recovery look very poor indeed. He could well be a vegetable for the rest of his life.

Soldato
March the boy around, force him to publically apologise, fair enough! But whatever they have done to him to put him in this state is way beyond anything he deserved!

"punishment doesn't fit the crime"

how the north Koreans think this will make the rest of the world look favourably on their regime is beyond me.

it's sad to think that in this day and age such public barbarity can be allowed, one can but hope the inevitable collapse of the nk regime is swift and merciless.

Soldato
even if he did, he would have tried for a reason, taking ones own life is no trivial matter.

Actually, this isn't really the case, Many, if not most, suicides are carried out more or less on a whim....

There is ample historical evidence to show that the removal of "Easy" ways of killing oneself (Such as the switch from the extremely toxic "Town Gas" to, the essentially non-toxic "natural gas" or the introduction of catalytic converters to petrol vehicles) results in a Lasting reduction in suicide rates...

Soldato
North Korea. Caught stealing a flag. Not much to discuss here.....pretty standard stuff. Yay or nay....

yay.

You don't go to North Korea and try to steal, especially not a propaganda carrying flag. You go to north korea you follow their rules. As you would want others to follow our rules when they came to our country. And you would expect them to be punished under our law. As i would expect to be punished under NK's law if i was caught stealing.

Punishment was deserved.

Soldato
Actually, this isn't really the case, Many, if not most, suicides are carried out more or less on a whim....

There is ample historical evidence to show that the removal of "Easy" ways of killing oneself (Such as the switch from the extremely toxic "Town Gas" to, the essentially non-toxic "natural gas" or the introduction of catalytic converters to petrol vehicles) results in a Lasting reduction in suicide rates...

somehow, i doubt a north korean work camp is filled with "easy" methods of suicide.

Back
Top Bottom