Our Bullmastiff caught a burglar last night

Caporegime
Actually the dog as it stand today will get away with more than the owner would if he beat the a-hole.

I am surprised as that breed are lazy and not met a aggressive one yet.

this is what my first thought was they are normally quite friendly and very idle :p

nieghbour had two gor about 6 years normally dont live very long big dogs.:(

he did his job which is good :cool: started from start and missed end :(

Associate
I've just finished reading this thread, after only discovering it this morning. This was SO not the end I wanted to read about, and I'm not afraid to say it brought a tear to my eye. So sorry for your loss, Hatton sounded like a cracking dog and a massive part of your family, my thoughts are with you all :(

Man of Honour
I really shouldn't read these things in the office, brought a tear to my eye because I know our big dopey dog will have to be put down in the end when his hips get really bad,
Sorry for your loss mate but at least he was an absolute legend of a dog!

Soldato
Absolutely gutted for you, Rainmaker :( Not ashamed to admit I shed a tear while reading that...
Even though he went far too soon, you can at least take some comfort in knowing that he had a good life and was loved.

Soldato
Good thing I sit in the corner of the office now with nobody facing me...

It's a terrible thing to go through. I had to take our eldest one to the vet just the other day as he couldn't walk on one of his legs. That had me worried enough, but turns out he's just stepped on something and gotten it infected. He's coming along OK.

Really not looking forward to the day that I'll be hugging him while that needle goes in. I'll be inconsolable. :(

Good dog, Hatton. Good dog.

Soldato
Dear God, who's chopping onions in here? At least he's not in pain any more and he had you close at the end, mate. :(

Soldato
Sorry for your loss, it's truly heartbreaking to lose a member of the family like that. You did the best thing for him, sounds like he was an exceptional dog, pet and friend.

Treasure the good memories and good times with him.

RIP Hatton

Soldato
And this is why Dogs > Cats,

And internet need to stfu with their cat memes.

Your dog potentially saved your fiancé from something far worse than just burglary happening.

Edit: I just went back OP saw your post, really sorry to hear your dog passed away. It's basically losing a good friend.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's heartbreaking. Our two dogs both suffered with seizures as they were younger but we were incredibly lucky that they stopped as they got older. The worst part is you can't explain to them what's happening and try and reassure them as they're fitting. Poor buggers. :(

You did the right thing as hard as it is. :(

Back
Top Bottom