** OUR FIRST 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
I think you're right on that - the plastic on the back thing was bending itself, but it would have been flexing the board in at least a subtle way which at that pin size would make a huge difference. I put it on that way because it didn't seem like it would be able to fit the other way around when first setting up - no idea why, it fit just fine this time around.

Either way, it's all working now, thanks very much!

Associate
No problem.

Issue would be more than likely incorrect use of retention mehcanism for water cooler. This flexes the board and impedes CPU to CPU pin contact.

I have the dreaded 55 error code too. The Asus manual says its recommended to install the ram in A2 and B2 but A2 always seem to give me error 55. In the end I am using A1 and B1, is that ok?

How tight should the screws be on the CPU AIO? I have them finger tight so maybe I should loosen slightly?

However beastly system and such an upgrade over a 2500K/6970 X-fire. Not had a chance to overclock beyond 4.5Ghz yet but running nice and cool so should be plenty of headroom.

Associate
Hi all,
First time poster here!

I have just received this bundle and paired it with the zotac 980ti amp extreme card & 850W PSU. Still waiting on the case to be delivered and itching to build this beast :)

I am having problems with the images loading for the bios settings.... Is it possible to get a copy in PDF or something?

I am a complete novice at overclocking and need my hand held lol.

Looking forward to testing out the new unreal tournament game which my old rig really doesnt like! old I7 870 @2.8ghz

Associate
Last edited:
Associate
Check out this link for an amazing deal on the core components of this rig!! many freebies, much JOY!!

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=18723114

:D Thanks great deal, ordered on Friday and due in a couple of hours yay! Grabbed an Enthoo Luxe case and the Gigabyte 980 Ti Xtreme to go along with it. This will be for a new build to replace my ageing 2500k rig. I don't think I'll be OC'ing it straight away, its more for game designing than playing (www.digilocker.co.uk).

With the enthoo luxe, any ideas on best mounting position and config for the rad? I would prefer top as I will need at least one of the HDD cages to stay in place, but intake or exhaust? I see exhaust is normally preferred, but will the 200m fan be enough of an intake? I did plan on having the rad as intake on a pull config, so I could easily remove the top cover to easily clean the rad.

I'll have the included top fan spare too, so presume I would be best sitting this either in front or behind the rad fans in the same orientation? Alternatively I do have a few of the FD Define R4 fans 140mm I could borrow from my old machine to replace the 200mm fan at the front if worthwhile.

Any advice greatly appreciated! Looking forward to getting it together :)

OcUK Staff
Here are the instructions for mounting the cooler:
Parts laid out!! (PICS = slight RAG TAG... due to my camera phone and marketing team being at Iseries)

Retention ring hooked in.

and secured with clip.

Place the backplate on the back of the motherboard with the holes through the mounting holes on the board.

Screw the mounting post into the backplate.

Place the CPU block head over the mounting holes on the bracket. The inner holes are for this socket.

Screw down all 4 thumb screws one twist on each screw at a time until finger tight. Attach the pump!!

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one have any questions about this guide please contact no one..... or moan for no reason!! ;)

Associate
Yay!

Here are the instructions for mounting the cooler:
Parts laid out!! (PICS = slight RAG TAG... due to my camera phone and marketing team being at Iseries)

DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any one have any questions about this guide please contact no one..... or moan for no reason!! ;)

Perfect thanks! Looks like I did it right! yay :) Quick query on the fans, are they more optimised for push or pull, or will they work fine either way?

I have it mounted in the roof of my Enthoo Luxe as exhaust, and at first I set to pull (mainly so I could clean the rad without removing the fans) but was a little worried about the weight of the rad on the fan frames? (with them not being a completely solid frame they flexed a little too much for comfort). Switched it to push anyway.

Removed the thermal paste from the cooler and replaced with MX-4 and getting idles of about 25-30, will try the OC and temps at the weekend,

Loving it so far! Biggest surprise so far is the mobo sound, better than my old Xonar DG! :)

Back
Top Bottom