1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Our first business venture - The Red House

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wez130, Jul 27, 2018.

1. [FnG]magnolia

Pancake

Sheep World is unironically rad. I thought it'd be very weird and/or boring but we had a blast :) I'm not sure on the legalities of putting signs up. I wonder if you can just put anything up anywhere (within reason) or if you need some kind of approval from the Transport Dept or something similar? Regardless, it's a great idea to get one up if you can. I bet you five dollars you'll be more busy again in the next two weeks once people get out of holiday mode.

2. wez130

Capodecina

Yes, that review! The guy that left that is a relative of our waitress, they were part of the 1st birthday party we had yesterday! Even the waitress was gobsmacked lol. I clicked that the review last night was yours too. Cheers @Beren

3. wez130

Capodecina

I get what Jen is saying, but we don't get many evening drinkers in and it's a market i want a share of. It wouldn't affect our daytime trade, i.e families. No harm in trying anyway lol

4. Droolinggimp

Mobster

Not sure if it's been mentioned but restaurants in general will be quiet in January and beginning of Feb. I work in a big chain of pubs restaurants and the big wigs put up 40% off for Mon-Sat for the first 2 weeks of Jan and 30% off the third week and 20% off 4th week. It's great for footfall but for us in the kitchen it's hell.

5. MissChief

Capodecina

Don’t forget to push Valentine’s Day with some deals, known aphrodisiacs and stuff like darker room with candles, heart shaped food etc. Offer a free meal to anyone who proposes on the night etc.