Our first business venture - The Red House

Soldato
Exciting times!

I always look for rustic, out of town places to eat. Much prefer them to the often pretentious town centre places.

Best of luck with your venture.

Soldato
I guess the orchard fruit (in the satellite view, surrounding your plot) must be apples, if it's called The Cider Shed. Make sure you have the local food/drink connection to some degree. Good luck.

Soldato
OP
Looks good. Are you doing a significant amount of renovation prior to opening? (to the decor etc?)

Yes, but i'm doing a lot of it myself to save money, money is quite tight, as we expected, we've run into a couple of unexpected extra costs, i.e, the food license we expected to cost $330 has cost $995 now, then there's a certificate we need to apply for which is almost another $1k which came as a surprise, before we can even apply for our liquor license. We are both still working full time for another few weeks though. I think a lot more will get done once we get money coming in though.

Soldato
OP
I guess the orchard fruit (in the satellite view, surrounding your plot) must be apples, if it's called The Cider Shed. Make sure you have the local food/drink connection to some degree. Good luck.

We are supporting local businesses, luckily, we are set in the heart of the Matakana wine trail, so there's plenty of local wines to choose from. There are also a good few breweries too, which i'm a big fan of, (8 wired and Sawmill being 2 of them). These will all feature on tap :)

Back
Top Bottom