Our first business venture - The Red House

Soldato
OP
Thanks guys, we're really chuffed, just had our first lunch service, which was quite busy! It went as well as it could with just me as a chef, i really need a kitchen hand but finding them is nigh on impossible! We're on track for our target for the week though thankfully, will see how it goes tonight, unfortunately, no time for photos today as it was just that busy! I'll try again later lol.

Soldato
OP
Oh, and just to delve a bit into our personal finances, this restaurant has cost a total of $37k (£17k) to set up from start to finish, that includes a $10k deposit for the lease, a lease payment of $2.5k, a loan repayment of $700 and a $700 repayment for chattels. About $5k has gone to the council for various licenses. The rest has been on refurb and stuff like speakers, kitchen equipment etc!

Soldato
OP
First day over, and it was great, we did about 50% more sales than we hoped to today, good feedback too! which is good, and a big help tbh. We'll see how the weekend goes though, i've got a feeling it will be quite busy :D

Caporegime
You'll get the noseys and curious and passers through but - and I'm no restauranteur so this might have no foundation in truth - I'd imagine you'll want a stable local base once the novelty wears off and be a must-stop for those passing through as they go north.

Sounds like you need some kitchen help though!

Soldato
OP
Do you think you would have been able to pull the same thing off over here?

That's a difficult question! Wherever i worked, i built up a good reputation as a chef, but i honestly don't know if i could have acquired as much land as i have here in UK for so little money. I have had a few 'thoughts' about opening various small outlets in England, such as a sandwich shop etc (i posted a thread on here a few years ago about it), and it was always my dream to have what we have now, so, as long as we can build an enviable reputation, we should do well. I guess time will tell :)

Back
Top Bottom