Our Very Own OCUK Branded Steam Sig Generator

Does anybody know how to get the "glow" working properly? For me it looks fine when I preview my signature but when I actually see it on my posts the right-hand edge doesn't have any glow effect (unless it's only showing like that for me)

Does anybody know how to get the "glow" working properly? For me it looks fine when I preview my signature but when I actually see it on my posts the right-hand edge doesn't have any glow effect (unless it's only showing like that for me)

with the glow activated the sig is over the forum limits of 400x75 so gets clipped.

Disable the Glow in the options

Ah okay that makes sense, cheers... Would it not make sense then to shrink the size of the ocuk version very slightly so that the glow doesn't exceed the size?

Hi!

I made a new option available:

glowresize: "Resize glowing image so that it does not exceed original dimensions"

You can set it in the customization dialog to yes. A "ocuk" theme with glow and this option enabled will then be resized to 342x75 pixels instead of 416x91 pixels with glow and without this option. Original size without glow is 400x75 pixels.

Hi!

I made a new option available:

glowresize: "Resize glowing image so that it does not exceed original dimensions"

You can set it in the customization dialog to yes. A "ocuk" theme with glow and this option enabled will then be resized to 342x75 pixels instead of 416x91 pixels with glow and without this option. Original size without glow is 400x75 pixels.

Awesome, I'll test it out tonight (can't get onto the site from work)... unless you could let me know what the query string would be and I can edit it myself? I assume something like "?glow=White&glowresize=yes&"

Nice :) I haven't had a signature at all until now but I was impressed by this so I went for it... Turns out you can get your sig without logging in through steam anyway (but not the OcuK one unfortunately)

This is because the branded section was just created for this theme, and it somehow breaks the current design. i am working on a new design which will be better in that regard.

For now, you have to put your steam custom name or steamid behind the url:
http://steamsigmaker.de/_branding/76561198006336716

The only hard part is working out which of the designs to go with!!!

I am taking that as a compliment :)

I am taking that as a compliment :)

And so you should, it's a very nice generator and good designs - I imagine it must have been a nice learning experience to put together as well. I had a play around with the "Make your own" last night and it's great too, although I think if you coupled it with some sort of WYSIWYG editor (so you could effectively drag+drop the components around to get it looking how you want) it would be more accessible... If you have a google around I bet someone will have already written a framework you can base it on (adapting it for your particular xml format of course)

completely correct. you may obmit the trailing "&"...

Cool, looks good, I can't decide if I'll stick with this one or not but at least the problem is fixed :D

Back
Top Bottom