***Outriders Console Edition Thread***

Soldato
OP
Put a couple of hours in this morning. Solo'd the molten Acari on my 2nd attempt. Got purple reward options too, who hoo.

Just passed through the 2nd insurgent stronghold bit where you fight uphill to the bunker. Man that was tricky. Got there in the end though.

Having a break but not had any connection issues so far this morning.

Man of Honour
Gotten a bit further along. Enemy types do get a bit repetitive after a while, but the boss fights are fun. Swapping my skills in and out more often depending on whether I fight humans or monsters - need a way to be able to do it more quickly.

Unlocked world level 7, but it’s a big jump up from 6. At least the later world levels will give the game some longevity.

Have gotten stuck into crafting. Some of the abilities that you can add to rarer gear are fantastic. I don’t sell any items anymore, just break them down for parts.

Man of Honour
Matchmaking broke just cannot get a group on the Xbox

Its been hit and miss for me since release. I gave up this morning - finally found a team only to get kicked, I assume they were after a different class.

Have had much more luck making my own team - that said, it can be tough if you end up with someone who is the same class as you or just doesn’t coordinate, so I can understand why I got kicked this morning!

As of this morning I think I was too far ahead of the main wave of players starting out, so I’m hoping it’ll get easier to find teams. I mean cross play in theory should make it easier.

Soldato
OP
Not sure if I have a bug but my world tier progress bar has totally stalled. Pretty much not moved all day. :(

Edit: thinking back it seems to be since I had a bug where I got stuck on the tool of destruction even though it was used up. I was able to shoot with the weapon I had equipped but the weapon icon was the rocket launcher and I couldn't change weapons or use any abilities. I managed to clear the area and had to open a gate. As soon as I did that the bug "reset".

World tier definitely not progressing though.

Man of Honour
Not sure if I have a bug but my world tier progress bar has totally stalled. Pretty much not moved all day. :(

Edit: thinking back it seems to be since I had a bug where I got stuck on the tool of destruction even though it was used up. I was able to shoot with the weapon I had equipped but the weapon icon was the rocket launcher and I couldn't change weapons or use any abilities. I managed to clear the area and had to open a gate. As soon as I did that the bug "reset".

World tier definitely not progressing though.

Are you definitely in the correct tier for the next to get unlocked? I have noticed at time progression stalls, but I’ve also joined another game and then not noticed I’ve been left in a low tier even though it’s set to ‘highest available’.

Soldato
look out for weapons that grant health on hit/kill and also armour perks that synergies your skills (the ones that give you two charges of one skill are really powerful).

I personally found Pyro to be quite lacking, at least in the demo, compared to the other classes. It felt like it lacked a passive health regen perk or something like running through fire grants overshield. Much easier to survive multiple rushing enemies as a Devastator vs Pyro for example.

My end of demo Devastator build had a gun that literally generated a shield on hit and also a armour perk that gave health regen at a 1:1 ratio for the damage dealt by the skill. Effectively granting me a 100% heal every time I used it. Pretty much meant I could go toe to toe with the Demos main boss without using any real cover or having to disengage.

Thanks for that writeup. I moved it to this thread for my reply. I am only level 4 so I will try one of the other classes for now, perhaps this one isn't great for solo but then I'm also terrible at shooters with a controller.

Man of Honour
Pyro is much more coop focussed and very powerful of used well in coop.

Thanks for that writeup. I moved it to this thread for my reply. I am only level 4 so I will try one of the other classes for now, perhaps this one isn't great for solo but then I'm also terrible at shooters with a controller.

I’m usually terrible too, but you rarely need accuracy most of the time unless your going for the highest world tier. Even then you’ll probably be too rushed to target specific weak points. Most of the time with larger bosses I’m hip firing rather than aiming down the scope. Devastator is great for survivability - pretty much everything you do increases your health.

Man of Honour
Trust me to pick that then

Devastator and trickster are meant to be more solo focussed than the other two. That said, plenty of skills can be modified later on. I just died a lot more with the other classes in the demo. That said, I almost always play a tank class.

Soldato
Devastator and trickster are meant to be more solo focussed than the other two. That said, plenty of skills can be modified later on. I just died a lot more with the other classes in the demo. That said, I almost always play a tank class.

You're also probably not as much of a fanny when it comes to these kind of games. I've missed shooting stationery locks in the division for example :D

Does the game have scaling? As in you could group with me with no penalty?

Man of Honour
You're also probably not as much of a fanny when it comes to these kind of games. I've missed shooting stationery locks in the division for example :D

Does the game have scaling? As in you could group with me with no penalty?

Have to admit I have no idea. Will have to give it a try. The difficulty certainly seems to ramp up a fair bit in coop, but then you can just lower the word tier - there actually isn’t a huge gain between many of the tiers vs. jump in difficulty. In many ways I reckon I should lower the difficult and move more quickly through quests rather than grinding the higher health pools with higher world tiers.

Soldato
OP
Are you definitely in the correct tier for the next to get unlocked? I have noticed at time progression stalls, but I’ve also joined another game and then not noticed I’ve been left in a low tier even though it’s set to ‘highest available’.

Yeah I'm definitely on tier 6.

I haven't done any matchmaking or anything and checked several times and I'm on 6.

I tried a couple of game restarts and there was no change. But I just restarted again it appears to be working again now. But it hasn't back dated any progress. Ah well, never mind. At least its working again now.

The game has just opened up a little for me as I have got to like a frontier town place and met with Corrigan.

Lots of new sidequsts now. So I reckon next time I play I will complete some of those and improve my playe/world levels.

I have found making sure you maximise all armour and weapons to the current level cap you are on makes a massive difference to the game.

Man of Honour
Meh server down again, world level 9 and level 21 now. All solo so far but no sign of a legendary drop yet, anyone else?

Nope, highest I’ve had are purple. I assume legendary come later on. World level 9, your doing well, 7 screwed me over, went back to 6. Just need to level my gear up more.

Soldato
OP

I'm soloing with Technomancer. Everywhere I have read says its not a good idea and to use trick/dev class for solo. Haven't met a part of the game I haven't been able to do yet, but still early days I guess.

I make sure every weapon has some form of self heal mod and the freeze/slow status buffed as much as possible on cryo turret and pain launcher. Got the tool of destruction with a damage buff mod on rocket launcher for heavy hitting too.

I also have dual wield auto pistols with a mod that gives health per hit for some of the up close stuff. Overall my load out is working well (assault rifle main with sniper secondary).

I'm finding the crafting system can be used to make sure all gear is maxed out, even if it means increasing the rarity of greens and swapping out mods etc. Its been working quite well so far.

Soldato
Can't get it to connect again, you'd think they would have known demand would have been higher especially since they put it on game pass.

Back
Top Bottom