• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclocking a Titan (or more) with EVGA Precision X

Great guide Greg :) Didn't know PX could do OSD but I never played with it that much, but looking at your guide it seems that and MSI AB are just covers slapped on top of RivaTuner :)

Great guide Greg :) Didn't know PX could do OSD but I never played with it that much, but looking at your guide it seems that and MSI AB are just covers slapped on top of RivaTuner :)

Cheers and that is basicaly what it is. AB and Precision X work the same as each other more or less but both are using the Riva Tuner engine for the OSD.

Nice post mate, very useful even for those who don't have a Titan and just want to understand the program better. I reckon this thread should be stickied!

Nice post mate, very useful even for those who don't have a Titan and just want to understand the program better. I reckon this thread should be stickied!

I'm not likely to get a titan any time soon but bloody el great work for the community Greg!

Cheers guys and this guide will work with any GPU. I have tried to explain every aspect to the best of my knowledge anyways. :)

Cheers super guide. Will make use of it tonight hopefully assuming leak testing has gone ok.

What was your max overclock with stock volts or did you just push them up straight away? :)

Thanks.

I just pushed them up straight away and jumped on the Fire Strike bench test. I thought +140 was my max stable overclock but I had a crash in Crysis 3 earlier, so have dropped it to +130. Memory is sweet at 200 though and could probably push more but the results are so good, it isn't worth fussing over.

I see the latest GPU-Z is released and comes with Asic quality.

Mine are 70.4% & 77%

I have seen quite a few lower, so by rights, they should be able to hit higher clocks than me under water and I should be able to hit higher clocks on air. I know this isn't set in stone but would love to see some Asic qualitys and types of cooling.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2219/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.6.8.html

Download the latest GPU-Z from there.

Mine are
68%, 69.1% and 75.7%

Having done seperate clock testing on each card last night, I found that my lower asic card didn't need so much on the core to reach the same speeds as my higher asic card. I don't know if it makes any odds because of the 1.2V limit, but if volts were different, I can see how this would make sense.

I assuming that 1.2v is safe for benchmarks and won't do hard to the card?
I have killed MSI 680 lightning with higher volts when benchmarking.

Well within the safe working parameters (1.212v is the max allowed via tweaking).

How much voltage did you put through your Lightnings :eek: I seriously gave my Lightnings some voltages (1.45v max) and they handled it with ease. They were under water and temps kept under 50c which helped.

Back
Top Bottom