• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Overclocking a Titan (or more) with EVGA Precision X

I gave it 1.34v so quite high, I know, and after that card after couple of minutes crashed , each time.
Not sure how fragile Titan is, but I think if Nvidia allowed to increase voltage, should be safe.
But before I will do that ,I better ask :D

Just added about the performance graph monitoring. I forgot to add that in the OP but added now. In short:

One thing I forgot to mention was clicking the performance log button and then double clicking on the graphs will detatch the monitoring graphs from the bottom and you can expand this for longer and more detailed monitoring.

I see the latest GPU-Z is released and comes with Asic quality.

Mine are 70.4% & 77%

I have seen quite a few lower, so by rights, they should be able to hit higher clocks than me under water and I should be able to hit higher clocks on air. I know this isn't set in stone but would love to see some Asic qualitys and types of cooling.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2219/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.6.8.html

Download the latest GPU-Z from there.

69.9% on my gigabyte

Yeah I tried with your initial settings (+140 & +200)and it seems stable in benches. Need to push it a bit harder to match the 690 performance on the CPU I have.

I'm new to overclocking GPUs,

And I'm having trouble keeping a couple of Titans stable with any sort of overclock. They're EVGA superclocked cards, and I've got them running under water, temps are good, not above 40 on the built in stress test, but the minute I fire up valley or 3D mark, I get a freeze and hard lock, I need to reset the PC to get going again. Any ideas, 'cause I'm stumped? Do I need to overvolt, or will Precision do that for me?

I have a stable OC of +130 on the core with +38mV. If I don't add the small voltage bump, it will crash but with the voltage. it is stable and this is SLI.

Each card is the same but depending on the lottery depends on how far you can clock.

I would be disappointed under water to not hit 1150Mhz if I am honest but these cards are fast enough to not worry about. 99% of the time I forget to run Precision X (I don't like having things load up at start) and jump into a game and have no idea what fps I am getting (which is a good thing for just enjoying the game).

Not sure what I am doing wrong but I cannot seem to get Heaven to bench without crashing higher than 100 core 150 memory. That's voltage at 1.2V, fans at max and temp isn't going above 55 degrees.

Although my card seems to never budge above 80C it appears to be a decent clocker.

My only issue is the nature of my boosts. Way to erratic. 1175, 1100, 1084 back up again.

I just want a nice steady higher number. Any pointers?

Although my card seems to never budge above 80C it appears to be a decent clocker.

My only issue is the nature of my boosts. Way to erratic. 1175, 1100, 1084 back up again.

I just want a nice steady higher number. Any pointers?

This is an issue that lots and lots of people have. Nvidia are aware of it and are working on it but if you are happy to flash your GPU, there is a BIOS that stops downclocking and gives max volts of 1.212V. I used it for benching and had no problems at all.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1363440/nvidia-geforce-gtx-titan-owners-club/3670#post_19490729

Use nvflash (I use the windows version to flash my BIOS and never had a problem) but do this at your own risk and I take no responsibility if you mess up your card.

Once flashed, you will need to restart the computer and reinstall the drivers but that BIOS doesn't down throttle at all.

I'm going to wait for new drivers before I push mine further, sat on +125 / +125 gives me a more steady boost that's consistent that 150+ / 125+ and I can clearly see the logs it's down to the power reading be ballsed up. It doesn't add up.

Not quite sure how a bios fixed that, it's a driver issue. Maybe how the driver communicates with some bios versions perhaps.

Back
Top Bottom