Overwatch

Soldato
UncleRufus#2104

I swear I'm a decent player I really do but I desperately need some help to claw my way back above 2500... (was previously 2800 most of S2 and at the start of S3 but have had very bad losing streak)... Barely staying about 2000 now and struggling to overcome the terrible teams at this rank - please send help!!

I can play pretty much any role (maybe not every class but enough to be able to fill most of the time)

Soldato
new symertra is ace - so much fun. Moving barrier is a massive plus for her. Whole team can push behind it. Really good improvement. Much more playable now

Soldato
I was quite surprised to hear the Winter Wondering event mentioned on BBC News Minute last night! Is Overwatch that big news now?

The skins I've seen, I've not been as impressed with as the Halloween ones. Almost bought some loot boxes. Might wait for now.

Associate
UncleRufus#2104

I swear I'm a decent player I really do but I desperately need some help to claw my way back above 2500... (was previously 2800 most of S2 and at the start of S3 but have had very bad losing streak)... Barely staying about 2000 now and struggling to overcome the terrible teams at this rank - please send help!!

I can play pretty much any role (maybe not every class but enough to be able to fill most of the time)

Add me this eve :) Joe#24987 - Been looking out for a good pharah to climb with :D

Soldato
Add me this eve :) Joe#24987 - Been looking out for a good pharah to climb with :D

Will do - I typically don't have time for more than the odd game or two most evenings and sometimes end up playing with other mates (when they happen to be on!) but always down to group up with half decent folks!

Quick mini-rant unrelated to the game... Jesus Stylosa's videos are getting irritating (even by his standards), I swear within barely an hour of the holiday event going up he had released 6 videos:

* Talking about the new skins + emotes
* Talking/showing the new kings row
* Talking/showing the new hanamura
* Showing the fact that the payload on kings row is a sleigh
* Talking/showing the new brawl
* Unboxing 50 of the new crates

And that's in addition to the 2 or 3 other videos over the last day speculating about the event... I mean come on... ~10-15 minutes on each of those topics in the space of an hour is totally ridiculous. Take this with a pinch of jealousy of course! But did these really all need to be separate topics?

I've enjoyed some of his tips/advice videos (like the ones talking about positioning and defense/attack strategies) but the blatant view/ad whoring is becoming too strong and obvious.

Is it just me?

Soldato
Is it me or does the option to increase resolution scale bring input lag now? I run at 1440p and it normally sets me to 122%. Last night I was getting input lag, so dropped it down to 100% and it's gone. Instant input. My FPS is a solid 70fps (locked by riva tuner to keep card cool). Running from a 980ti.

Thanks

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
It actually does. Try it and you'll see. Set your graphics to medium/low and give yourself 150+ fps. You will feel the smoothness.

It's mostly because higher fps has lower frame latency.

edit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe..._many_frames_a_second_do_you_need_by/cvwbv7v/
https://www.mvps.org/directx/articles/fps_versus_frame_time.htm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjWSRTYV8e0

I'll cap my FPS to 100 tonight then, see how I get on. I don't think my FPS will go much higher than that at 1440p.

Soldato
He's in the career youtuber category so it's expected. It's his livelihood to release as many videos as possible so I don't mind really.

I'm not sure... there are plenty of channels based around Overwatch that try to make sure every video has some sort of meaningful content... Off the top of my head take "Your Overwatch"; they have the occasional speculative episode but for the most part their videos feel as though they've planned them out and are trying to provide good, valuable tips/advce/discussion... Sty lately seems to literally throw up any old crap that he can just about stretch to 10 minutes... Even if that means literally repeating or summarising most of the commentary word-for-word 3 or 4 times in one video... All I'm saying is it's a bit of a shame as I like his more thought-out content...

Anyway in other news - I've started pulling out of the 2,800 -> 2,000 nosedive, currently back up to 2,200 following a series of embarrassingly strong wins... let's hope it continues and I can get back to where I was

Associate
Four comp games yesterday - close win, horrifically one-sided loss, then two draws.

One of the draws, they capped point 3 reeeeeeeealy late in King's Row. We pushed the payload on attack and were within (literally) 5 feet of the cap with ~4 minutes left on the clock, had a team wipe and could not recover... Ended up capping it also really late. In the tiebreaker, we kept them off the point, and when it was our turn we wiped them in overtime, were just capping the empty point, and four members of the team ran off 'to stall them' which allowed the enemy D-Va to fly in and contest at 95%. We failed to cap.

We would literally have won if someone else had gone AFK on the point instead of running away (max cap speed is 3 people). So close, yet so far.

Fun, all the same. I'm liking the Mei snowball game, though nowhere near as much as the halloween event. Christmas skins - I got the Roadhog one with the glowing bellybutton, I got the zarya legendary emote and the Mei snowman emote. I really want the Mei and Torb legendary skins, but only have enough currency for one, so will be waiting til nearly the end of the event to get whichever is still missing (hope I can get one through luck).

Soldato
new symertra is ace - so much fun. Moving barrier is a massive plus for her. Whole team can push behind it. Really good improvement. Much more playable now

Still loving symmetra- love playing her - hate playing against her!!! lol:D

Was gold elims on Hanamura earlier with 35 kills. 6 turrets at a time, plus shield generator plus new photon barrier is a lot of defensive power.

Soldato
I thought Cs;go was a toxic community but this is getting worse by the day......solo que is just awful. So many players who have no clue how to play/counter other teams.

Abusive chat/flaming.....torb/basiton on attack etc - it's just gone mental

Back
Top Bottom