Overwatch

Associate
Enjoying the US servers way more - much more chat, friendlier etc - even loosing doesn't feel as bad!!

This is why I made the move. I ended up in a 6 stack with myself, two of my EU server friends, plus three Americans of which one had been on the Rum and Coke for a few hours. It wasn't perfect, we won 2 lost 2, but I had a total blast that night and finished the evening having felt like I'd had a lot of fun in the process. Even the loss wasn't an issue because it was a hilarious game on the voice chat.

My SR is terrible at 1650, but if anyone is up for a match (here is my MasterOverwatch, I main D.Va 63% win rate https://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/GloriousLead-2588, I also play a half decent Pharah for my SR) then add me GloriousLead#2588 and say you're from OCUK, I'm always up for grouping.

Soldato
I have no idea why this wasn't in the main announcement about season 6 changes, but it sounds like they're *finally* making it so that you can de-rank... No more rank 2600 players with Diamond badges from when they scraped 3000 holding it over everyone's heads and being elitist pricks... about time!

Soldato
I'm actually playing quite a bit of Mercy recently (well, the last couple of days anyway). Watching the video now.

**EDIT** I think generally they're for the best. Solo res will be interesting. I like the sound of the new ult, but not sure about the flying aspect. Multiple heal/damage boost will make for a good push tactic I would think.

Last edited:
Soldato
With the new changes, I think Lucio and Mercy will be combo'd quite a bit. Sound barrier at the start of a fight, then when the first two teammates die, pop resurrect, pop her ultimate, pop resurrect, damage boost until sound barrier fades then switch to healing.

I used to play a lot of mercy and I think the changes are very welcome. I didn't like having to wait for a big res and teammates telling me to not enter the fight (i.e. don't heal me, just go sit in a corner). On the flip side, nothing was more annoying than killing the majority of the enemy team to then watch Mercy fly in and res everyone.

Edit: Scrap the above... I've just seen the new mercy, damage boosted by Anna, and she literally shreds through a team as her pistol has unlimited ammo and she can dive into the back line. Doubt that will make it to live however.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the sounds of the season 6 changes, it should now be much faster to rank up with shorter matches more points per match and no derank at start of season.

Also the change to the way it calculates points should help my symmetra a lot I can be on a 10 win streak with her at 2900 points and the game decides to only give me 11 points per win. It must be the way I play symm or something why it only gives me such low points per win hopefully this will fix it.

Looks like it should all make ranking up much more intence and fun.

No more spending the first 2 weeks of the season just to get your rank back :)

Soldato
Hey I have a question for all you guys on the US server.
Does it have share the same points as EU server?

Can I change servers everyday?

Soldato
Anyone around the 2100’s? I somehow placed at 1100 and have made my way up solo to 2160 ish. Would like a nice team to roll with. There are some truly awful folks out there.

Soldato
Is the next season starting soon? The arcade is being spammed by utter morons since the last one ended - they either just stay in spawn(!),or don't even bother trying to win and just run about near the spawn. Incredibly selfish behaviour,especially for us trying to get through our weekly 9 wins for the bonus. The worst thing is the fact the event is still active now!

Last edited:
Soldato
So lucioball was fun. Didn’t play it first time around.

Ranked at plat and made my way up to diamond. Was 500sr from master in the end.

Had a weird match where I was grouped with 2 unplaced players and against another diamond and 2 unranked. Didn’t think that couldbhappen at diamond

Back
Top Bottom