Overwatch

Soldato
Loving the new patch so far. Played some really agro Rein and shatters were huge. Good to have fun again.

There is nothing in the patch notes to say it changed yet.

The new Rein does feel much better!!

Being able to walk fall speed with shield up is lovely.

Last edited:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Increased Rein speed is awesome, but the reduction in shield strength is really noticeable! Lots of games last night when the other tank was Hog or Hamster (no synergy), and the other team were focusing the one shield... shield was gone in 1-2 seconds. On Anubis we could only just get through the first door on the left on attack versus a Bastion on the high ground just in front... at one point I came round the corner and their Mei covered the door with a wall just as I got there... couldn't even get back to cover before getting wasted - teamwork essential!

Soldato
But surely the Bastion is easier to take down now as they can't protect him as well? As I said somewhere above, you don't really want to bother with shields into a Bastion anyway, even less so now.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
But surely the Bastion is easier to take down now as they can't protect him as well? As I said somewhere above, you don't really want to bother with shields into a Bastion anyway, even less so now.

Depends on positioning... they had the advantage of high ground. Once we got through and up onto the high ground we got the Bastion quickly.

Lots of team mates obviously not read up on the changes... people complaining that shielding isn't enough, but they don't realise the shields have been broken. Similarly, it used to be generally pointless trying to burn down shields, but I think it is a viable tactic now... some teams are having success here, whereas others as still regarding shields are impenetrable.

Soldato

Yeah shields are useless against bastion.

I like sigma against bastion absorb the damage. He should be even better against bastion now with the recent changes.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Agree, Sigma still feeling equally strong to me despite shield nerf. His absorb is great, and also throwing his rock counters a Bastion. However, his absorb can be cancelled by a shield-bash, flashbang or hook, so don't just charge in.

Soldato
I think im going to play brig for a couple of days see how I get on with the new armour.

Im very rusty with her right now, I still haven't got the aim right with the whip shot since they changed the timing.

Soldato
So I have had a morning playing Brig and it's been so much fun. I had actually forgotten how much fun she is to play.

Only lost 1 or 2 games gone up 300 sr and now back into diamond.

A few clips from my last game, nothing special but I really enjoyed it.

Soldato
You got a lot of milage from that drop off! lol

Nice play!

Yeah mate I loved it. There was another one I had off the bridge as well but only get 3 highlights.

I think people have forgotten about brig because she was fairly useless in double shield meta.

Edit: Forgot to mention Sigma got a nice looking Christmas Skin.

Also the death match while you wait is cool.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think you guys are all just on the natural upswing of the meat-conveyor we call the crappy SR system in Overwatch... sure it could be the patch, or maybe following the big glut of losing streaks you were talking about a week or so ago you're now getting it back. Time will tell

I've still not quite placed yet but so far I am enjoying the new patch as it makes the game play better, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's massively changed the odds (for me) as far as I can tell

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Yeah mate I loved it. There was another one I had off the bridge as well but only get 3 highlights.

I think people have forgotten about brig because she was fairly useless in double shield meta.

Edit: Forgot to mention Sigma got a nice looking Christmas Skin.

Also the death match while you wait is cool.

I've being saying that Brig would be a big winner from the new patch, not just for her own armour buff, but also because she gives out armour. Am I correct in thinking she did not get a shield nerf when the others did?

Back
Top Bottom