Overwatch

Soldato
I didn't know you had stopped playing booyaka.

yeah - been about 3 months since I played - Just got to the point where every game was totally one sided, either totally role teams, or get rolled. There was nothing in between for me with the double shield meta that was going on.

Soldato
yeah - been about 3 months since I played - Just got to the point where every game was totally one sided, either totally role teams, or get rolled. There was nothing in between for me with the double shield meta that was going on.

Yeah I had a break, I think coming back and playing this season things seem much better.

For me anyway matches have seemed well balanced and the SR and role lock seem to be working well.

Soldato
I really enjoyed this yesterday morning.

I set our Widow up with a real nice sigma shield, the other team couldnt deal with it at all. OUr widow was having time or her life every time they tried pushing she was getting 1 or 2 before fight even started.

This was going well until they switched to dva and tried diving her. This made me happy.

Soldato
I've had an odd run over the last 5 or 6 days, with some pretty big losing runs taking me from starting at 2150 as tank, down into the 1600's at one point. A 8 game unbeaten run brought me back over 1800, but I just seem to have some very bad luck recently. For example two games where a guy has literally just said 'you guys are idiots, I'm just going to throw' and they wonder around the map emoting. I wouldn't mind but one time it happened so early, there was no telling if we had a chance or not and the other time, we probably could have won. We capped one point as a 5 and fought hard on the second. Then I've had leavers and just moron DPS that refuse to switch to counter. As tank I find you do feel more at the mercy of your team mates.

Associate
I've had an odd run over the last 5 or 6 days, with some pretty big losing runs taking me from starting at 2150 as tank, down into the 1600's at one point. A 8 game unbeaten run brought me back over 1800, but I just seem to have some very bad luck recently. For example two games where a guy has literally just said 'you guys are idiots, I'm just going to throw' and they wonder around the map emoting. I wouldn't mind but one time it happened so early, there was no telling if we had a chance or not and the other time, we probably could have won. We capped one point as a 5 and fought hard on the second. Then I've had leavers and just moron DPS that refuse to switch to counter. As tank I find you do feel more at the mercy of your team mates.

It's a lottery to wether you get a tank partner who can actually tank, Stevie Wonder playing DPS or Moiras who think they can 1v6 the entire team. I also had a battle Ana the other night who would Leeroy Jenkins into the front lines and get melted everytime.

There are so few tank players the match making is all screwed too. I was at 2.8k and got put into a 3.2k game on tank. Same with getting 2k tanks in mid to high plat.

Definitely frustrating as a tank player at the moment I lost 400SR myself the last few weeks. I can admit when I play badly and accept the loss but when you are playing your brains out and still losing, as you said, through no fault of your own its crushing.

Hoping the new patch improves things.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
@AndyCr15 welcome to silver hell! Since I dropped into silver I've not managed to climb out.

It's a real role of the dice whether you'll have a team that plays properly, or someone learning a new hero, or someone throwing. I don't think I'm kidding myself to say I'm a gold player and deserve to get out of silver, but I do realise I'm not good enough to carry the team in silver, so I've got to grind it out, which does rely on teammates at least having an interest in winning.

Soldato

Andy,

Big tip for you.

The game and the meta completely changes at different ranks.

You need to play completely different at different ranks.

It's why a lot of people get stuck at their rank. As they get further up, the way they are playing is no longer relevant. Or same goes other way as well, as your rank get lower you need to expect less from your team. The lower you go the less you can count on your healers so you need to hide more when you take damage.

Also the higher you get you need to take into account how much more damage your taking.

Basically in silver you want to play like it's a free for all and ignore trying to play as a team.

Take Rein for example at say 2600 sr you can still just keep going with random charges trying to get picks and people will call you a decent rein. Then not much higher say 2900 if you charge in trying to get picks people will say "wtf you doing rein". Your role as rein changes from getting as many kills and damage as you can to more leading the team and keeping constant shield up and hiding when the shield goes down.

Another example in diamond and higher if your team gets a kill the whole the whole team will push forward together and kill the rest of them. In masters the whole team will push forward all the way to the other spawn room to chase down kills. If you try doing that in low plat/gold you will end up being the only one leaving the point and have ya people flame ya for overextending any time you leave point.

I will try and explain better tomorrow when I have had some sleep with some more examples.

When i play early mornings at 2900 one game I will be the only play in a diamond game and the next will be gold and plats. It can be hard switching your mind set for each game. In the diamond games if your not really careful with rein he just gets instantly deleted.

I will edit post after I had some sleep.

Soldato
Yeah, I know what you're saying. My main issue as a tank is being patient and not chasing kills too deep into enemy territory. I generally play Zarya and Rein at the moment and have to remind myself to stay with the team sometimes, even if it looks like just 1 or 2 of the enemy team left. Let them go and regroup.

Soldato
Tomorrow. Updates always drop on a tuesday for some reason. Shame coz I fancied some OW tonight.

I have been playing every day.

Right now hard stuck at 2750 on both my healers and tank. Probably like 100 games my rank has stayed the same just up or down by 50 points.

Im hoping the armour changes will work in my favour. Most my mains have armour and I think it suits my style of play better. I used to enjoy the old game where tanks got stuck in deep for the fights and I struggle a bit with current meta of tanks having to keep hiding round corners.

Back
Top Bottom