Ozark - Netflix

Soldato
the farewell to Ozark doc is worth a watch as it's only 30min and was a pallet cleanser after the series 5 ending.
It's funny, I was going to say don't bother with this. It almost just annoyed me more than anything. It's basically them all saying how great they are 'we're like a family'. So are a lot of work places... I know my last one was. I'm not sure it's that uncommon unless TV sets are generally just everyone being d*cks to each other?
Was thinking the same thing. How can it end like that? Is it meant to be left open ended incase they wanted to make more??
WTF. That final scene, I mean the VERY FINAL ONE.

How can they end the show like that!?! They must be preparing a surprise season 5 announcement or something.
Tbf, although I think they we're going for a Sopranos like last scene, I wouldn't have said it was that open. The actual last scene, I think we all know what happened. I quite liked Wendy's last line and how confidently she delivered it, that told a lot too.

I was a little confused though,
the Byrds were leaving as Ruth would continue to wash the money, but she's dead now...? Will the Byrds have to stay?

Soldato
I've only just started watching the final few episodes - so I suspect I'll dip out of this thread for a bit.
However, I'm assuming this is another "Wasn't the ending I was expecting or wanted - so it was crap" kind of thing? I mean, don't get me wrong - things can end really badly in both film and series.
But the vast majority of vocal whining over the last few years seems to come from the "red button generation" who seem to think if something doesn't go the way they wanted it to, the only option is to dump on it.

Soldato
There was a lot to fit into the last episode and alas felt rushed.

The sudden change in personality of Jonah was just not played out well. I get that he had reconciled with his mother, but to go from that to pulling a gun out at a cop to protect his family within a day?

Ben's Ashes did raise some questions though. Did they all actually care about him or just use him?

I'm referring to Ruth and Jonah. Ultimately, he wasn't that important as they left the goat pot on a motel counter. They were all at each other. Ruth and Jonah just wanted to get an excuse to get one up on Wendy.

Martin and Charlotte were the only real peace keepers trying to keep the family together.

Not sure how I feel about the last season. Enjoyable overall show though.

Last edited:
Soldato
A satisfying show with great writing and a distinctive aesthetic with consistent characters.

Just thankful Netflix actually saw a show through to conclusion.

Soldato
Okay, am I right in thinking we're past two weeks so we don't need to keep using spoilers...? This post will have spoilers... if you've not seen the end, stop reading.

**EDIT** Actually, it only talks about 24 hours for exclusively streamed shows. I wonder if a rule should be added for series dumped, streamed shows? Maybe it was in a specific thread I read two weeks?
The sudden change in personality of Jonah was just not played out well.

I saw a theory that he actually shot his mother... seeing the ashes again brought it all back to him etc.

Caporegime
the ending was a little weak not sopranos weak but it was a bit meh. i enjoyed the season though. i seen the conspiracy one about jonah which maybe possible. who knows.

Soldato
Ending could have indeed been better. But on the whole loved the show.

finished last night - yeah - kind of agree... Overall excellent - really good.

Felt kind of rushed to end it all as they didn't want to go another season etc and just start doing season after season for no reason. Ended on a high overall.

Certainly a few "loose" ends -
  • Who got shot in the final scene?
  • Certainly looks like Navarro was shot and killed but you never saw the body
  • Always felt a little "glossed over" when Javi killed the previous sheriff - Nothing really happened, the whole police force were just not that bothered.
  • FBI agent Maya - Just nothing there - she knows what's going on (FBI helping to launder etc) but says nothing seems very odd.
Overall very good and enjoyable.

Soldato
Good show, just finished the last episode. Bit a of a let down to say the least.

Also, I was waiting for them to call the number that Omar gave them. Never happened, lol.

Last edited:
Soldato
Forgot to post my thoughts on this show.

I started to watch ep 1 a couple of years ago but it didn't grab me. So upon looking for something to watch whilst the wife was away for a few days I decided to giver it another go. I wasn't disappointed. What a great show. Great acting, characters who were likeable at the start turned sour, vice versa. Ruth, I hated, there was something about her, not sure if it was the actual actor or the character, however, after a few more episodes, she grew on me. Fantastic actress and her character really shone throughout. The FBI agent during the first season (or two) was really good. Nasty piece of work but was fantastic. Darlene, urrgh.... great actress, character was horrible but interesting at the same time.

So much to say about it, alas, got to get kids ready for school. Over all, a great series. On par with BB and BCS. Not sure if I would do a re-watch within a year unlike BB. Same applies to BCS, I don't think I would re-watch that at all even though it was a great series, maybe because of how much of a slow burner it was.

Ozark - Casting 10/10, acting 9/10, theme 9/10, story 8/10
Overall, 9/10
Recommended highly.

Soldato
Forgot to post my thoughts on this show.

Recommended highly.

I thought I'd posted something here already but apparently not.

Really enjoyed it as well. Lots of really good characters who really developed throughout the different seasons. Definitely up there with some of my favourite shows.

Soldato
Good show, just finished the last episode. Bit a of a let down to say the least.

Also, I was waiting for them to call the number that Omar gave them. Never happened, lol.

Just finished the last episode, thought the ending was a bit of a let down too, and certainly doesn't do the show some justice.

Associate
Watched the first two seasons a couple of years ago, went to resume and forgot the story so I watched S1-4. On the whole, I really enjoyed.

The Snells, the Scottish actor (Peter Mullan) is always badass, his wife terrified me.

Unlike the previous episodes, I felt season 4 was drawn out and at times a bit of a slog. If it is the end, left on an odd cliffhanger. They've killed off all the decent characters (Ruth, Winston, Javi) so if it ever were made I would have doubts it be decent?

Back
Top Bottom