Your Regular Lender instruction
I have chosen to lend £20.00
to be collected on the 1st
placed in the Monthly
at Market Rate
The last collection was on No collections taken yet
The next collection will be on Monday 1st February 2016
Direct Debit Guarantee Direct Debit Guarantee

Is this set up correctly?! I am looking at investing £20 per month into p2p. Happy to invest it for up to 5yrs.

I don't really understand it, but am happy for £20 per month gamble.

Are we allowed referral links? So i have snipped it - why quote it it? lol!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Is this set up correctly?! I am looking at investing £20 per month into p2p. Happy to invest it for up to 5yrs.

I don't really understand it, but am happy for £20 per month gamble.

ALso noticed this:

Refer a friend and you'll both get £50 when they invest £1,000 or more
Just get them to register using your personal link below

http://link.ratesetter.com/vq1ttpt

Are we allowed referral links?

No we're not, someone will report it and it will get deleted by a mod.

Soldato
As above i have set up as a direct debit as a 'regular lender' - £20 each month.

Is this all i need to do now? ie the money is now been used for p2p?

Soldato
The rates can be a bit weird on RS, yesterday I saw 1 year rates at below the monthly rates, and today monthly rates are under 3%!
Surely once the rates dip below 3% you would be better off having the money in the bank with zero risk?

Soldato
I had some funds to stick under monthly - keeping hold until it goes back up to 3.4% +

Yeah I stuck some more in the 5 year at 6.1%, will hold off on monthly until it's at least 3.4. Monthly is currently sitting at 2.7%...
Is anyone doing Saving stream? Looks quite interesting, and some good returns.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah I stuck some more in the 5 year at 6.1%, will hold off on monthly until it's at least 3.4. Monthly is currently sitting at 2.7%...
Is anyone doing Saving stream? Looks quite interesting, and some good returns.

I registered on saving stream but there doesn't seem to be any live projects to invest in. It looks on the face of it, unless you sit on the site waiting to pull the trigger, most the investments get fulfilled so you barely get a chance.

You can of course choose to pre fund a project but you don't know if it will get cleared for funding or when, so you don't start earning until it gets clearance.

Last edited:
Soldato
I registered on saving stream but there doesn't seem to be any live projects to invest in. It looks on the face of it, unless you sit on the site waiting to pull the trigger, most the investments get fulfilled so you barely get a chance.

You can of course choose to pre fund a project but you don't know if it will get cleared for funding or when, so you don't start earning until it gets clearance.

Yes noticed that. I assume the money isn't taken until the project takes off? Looking at the p2p forum they talk of 'bots' on SS, and it's not always easy to get in before loans are fulfilled. Might be worth a punt though.

Pho

Pho

Soldato
Having a look at the monthly RateSetter product it states "At the end of the term, automatically reinvest or withdraw as much as you like".

Does this effectively mean that if I put £x in there I could fully withdraw £x + £interest after a month if I needed it back?

Whilst the interest rates of the five year terms etc are tempting I don't like tieing money up for long "just in case".

Soldato
Having a look at the monthly RateSetter product it states "At the end of the term, automatically reinvest or withdraw as much as you like".

Does this effectively mean that if I put £x in there I could fully withdraw £x + £interest after a month if I needed it back?

Whilst the interest rates of the five year terms etc are tempting I don't like tieing money up for long "just in case".

Yes, if you put it in the monthly market it's all paid back within the month, and if you choose not to reinvest then you can withdraw both the capital and the interest.(unless it all goes horribly, horribly wrong, but that's never happened yet)
In the longer term loans, a proportion of the capital plus interest in repaid every month, and you can withdraw/reinvest as you want. I haven't set it to reinvest at market rate, I would do it manually.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, if you put it in the monthly market it's all paid back within the month, and if you choose not to reinvest then you can withdraw both the capital and the interest.(unless it all goes horribly, horribly wrong, but that's never happened yet)
In the longer term loans, a proportion of the capital plus interest in repaid every month, and you can withdraw/reinvest as you want. I haven't set it to reinvest at market rate, I would do it manually.

Just reading the blurb on RS and I understand that on the monthly loans, you have to reinvest at the end of the month (x12) when you get the loan paid back in full (capital plus interest) so you get the 2.6% annualised return.

On the 5 year loans, you get a capital plus interest payment back every month as you say, but to get the 5.9% you have to reinvest the repayments. I take it you have to reinvest it into another 5 year loan to get the 5.9% year on year return? So in reality, it's a permanently rolling loan to get that 5.9% per year?

Last edited:
Soldato
For the one month it says: ''Your money is lent for one month. At the end of the month, you can roll your contract over or you can withdraw your funds. Borrowers are re-matched in the market with new Lenders each month and enjoy a low-rate loan.''

I invested a small amount (£20 ;) )in monthly, to test the water, and in one months time I will get the capital plus interest (6 pence so 1/12th) repaid to my holding account. That was at 3.5%
My 5 year loans are at rates between 5.9 and 6.1, and are repaid including interest in the 5 years or sooner.
I wouldn't set them to reinvest at 'market rate' as some people found their money being automatically reinvested at 1.8% or something silly like that!
The rates seem to jump up and down all the time, so whereas I got 3.5% earlier this week on the monthly, if I invested now I would get 2.6...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom