P2P Investing

That property partner.co seems pretty good how many property have you invested in MaX_PoWah?

I have invested about £500 between the following (2 are there guaranteed 5% properties)

https://propertypartner.co/properties/UKNW43DH001?p=fp

https://propertypartner.co/properties/UKCO11BA001

https://propertypartner.co/properties/UKBN213AR001

One of my uni friends and me do a lot of talking about investments etc and the observations we have made about property partner are

1. The London properties have insane valuations
2. It's worrying that they are having to do these "Guarenteed 5% promotions" to encourage people onto the platform.. there is clearly not enough money / not enough money been invested.
3. The fact they operate each investment as a separate company is good as that protects you from property partner going bust
4. Looking at the amount of investors in some of the properties people are investing far more than me and my friend. We recon about 1.5k per property per investor in most cases. My friend said he saw a video about a guy with a 175k portfolio on there
5. Your return is made up of the dividend yield from the rent AND increases in the valuations due to the difference between the Purchase price and the RICS breakup value plus general increases in the value of property.
6. Neither of us have tried to sell our shares but everyone gets the option of selling after 5 years so there is a question mark over the liquidity.

Last edited:
I have invested about £500 between the following (2 are there guaranteed 5% properties)

https://propertypartner.co/properties/UKNW43DH001?p=fp

https://propertypartner.co/properties/UKCO11BA001

https://propertypartner.co/properties/UKBN213AR001

One of my uni friends and me do a lot of talking about investments etc and the observations we have made about property partner are

1. The London properties have insane valuations
2. It's worrying that they are having to do these "Guarenteed 5% promotions" to encourage people onto the platform.. there is clearly not enough money / not enough money been invested.
3. The fact they operate each investment as a separate company is good as that protects you from property partner going bust
4. Looking at the amount of investors in some of the properties people are investing far more than me and my friend. We recon about 1.5k per property per investor in most cases. My friend said he saw a video about a guy with a 175k portfolio on there
5. Your return is made up of the dividend yield from the rent AND increases in the valuations due to the difference between the Purchase price and the RICS breakup value plus general increases in the value of property.
6. Neither of us have tried to sell our shares but everyone gets the option of selling after 5 years so there is a question mark over the liquidity.

Nice I think it a good concept but talk is the EU referendum causing a lot of unrest in the housing market maybe best I wait until after.

Also what would be your criteria on picking a property to invest in on there.

I also understand from reading you have to pay fees per year is that correct?

Thanks for information

What happens on a one year term if someone pays up early I take it is reinvested at market rate and keeps going round and round?

You set it up how you like, you can have it just returned to the holding account or you can choose to have it auto re-invested.

Ah no it depends on your settings (1 year reinvestment)

I would seriously consider not going for that though as its pretty much the same rate you can get on rolling and rolling has more flexability

Only went for it as 3.5% seemed better then 2.7% on offer tonight I understand this could change anytime so waiting game.

Looking at the reinvestment option it says

"Changing your Reinvestment Setting for a market will update ALL new reinvestment orders for that market. NOTE existing Reinvestment orders still on the market will NOT be updated."

appears that you cant change once in progress unless read that wrong

Only went for it as 3.5% seemed better then 2.7% on offer tonight I understand this could change anytime so waiting game.

Looking at the reinvestment option it says

"Changing your Reinvestment Setting for a market will update ALL new reinvestment orders for that market. NOTE existing Reinvestment orders still on the market will NOT be updated."

appears that you cant change once in progress unless read that wrong

That basically means once its put up for lending the settings you had at that point will apply when its lent.
If the money hasnt been lent however you can cancel and then new rules would apply.

The 1 year is quite strong at the moment I think, the thing you will notice about ratesetter is that things move about so its not an investment you can really just put money in and ignore if your wanting to maximise returns.

It can get a little swamped with cash, then you find rates drop and people move between the 4 categories. If you look at the historical rates section you will get a good idea whats a good rate for each market.

Last edited:
Had my first early payment happen today, typically it was my amount lent at the highest interest amount!
Plus today there seems a lot of cash on ratesetter thats built up over a few days, so wont go out today thats for sure. Bad timing what with the bank hol weekend.

Trying to hold my nerve and convince myself to let it ride over the weekend if worst comes to worst and it doesn't go out tomorrow.

Studying the rolling market the last few days waiting for it to rise above 3% seems to be stuck below 3% at the moment 2.7% and 2.8% :(

See funding circle mentioned a few times here is that worth putting some money in does it have a provision fund like Ratesetter?

Studying the rolling market the last few days waiting for it to rise above 3% seems to be stuck below 3% at the moment 2.7% and 2.8% :(

See funding circle mentioned a few times here is that worth putting some money in does it have a provision fund like Ratesetter?

I got 3.1% today on ratesetter, its generally lower in the evening

Property partner have started doing monthly savings now with the minimum been £50 a month.

This is good news for investors and the platform but because the only option with your monthly savings is to auto invest in the current months properties it could lead to a bit of an eclectic mix of investments and a lack of conviction.

I would have liked to have invested based on yield or theme at least with the auto invest searching shares for sale as well as new shares...

Interested in this concept. I have a side business that i earn well from. But as a newbie, who has to sort out a Self Assessment Tax Return...will this make it even more complicated?

Im looking to basically re-invest the profit i make on this side business into a better interest rate than the high street lenders

I haven't read up on it that much but I was under the impression the main way round the changes was to hold buy to let properties in a company which is what they are doing...

Every one of the properties is held inside a separate company..

You can generate a form for tax purposes from the website..

Thought I would give ZOPA a go before the FLISA launches so I can decide between ZOPA and Ratesetter

So this morning I threw £200 into ZOPA, selected the Access product as the one with no penalty withdrawls and was good to go. This is after 2 day wait for the account to be opened.

The current stats indicate it should take between 2-3 days to lend out, based on averages at an average return of 3.5%. slightly higher than I had achieved with ratesetter over almost 2 months.

One loan has already been made, a 4 year one at a rate of 1.3%, so thats an interesting start! Its a big loan to a A1 borrower so the rate isn't too unreasonable.

Initial thoughts on Zopa vs ratesetter
- Both have some slight issues with webdesign not being as intuitive as it could be, but neither stands out vs the other
- ratesetter is far more transparent across pretty much everything apart from the details on a specific loan where there is a slight edge to Zopa, its slight mind and overall there is a massive amount more transparency in RS

So my gut feel right now is I prefer Ratesetter, although I need to give Zopa a month at least to get used to it. Planning to bump up the amount invested in Zopa to £1k so I have a more representative sample of loan rates.
I wonder if they try to ensure you get a mix of loans or if its pot luck based on your place in queue as new loans need to be divided up and spread out.

Back
Top Bottom