Paedophile gang not dealt with by both the Police and social services.

Man of Honour
Christianity did not start that way when Jesus died and it was Peter writing some books, that was the Romans who bastardised it and called it Catholicism.

Forget any man made religion but look at the ten commandments and think is this not a good set of rules to try and live by.

1) About half of them are pure authoritarianism. OBEY ME OBEY ME OBEY ME. Or, more accurately, obey the cult leader who claims divine authority for their commands.
2) The rest have diddly squat to do with any religion and were common principles before and outside the rule of the abrahamic religions.

Incidentally, I notice you use the common incorrect translation of "thou shalt not kill". Killing is absolutely fine in the abrahamic religions. It's not banned at all. It's frequently required. That order forbids killing only when it isn't approved by the religious authorities. But that's less important, more of an interesting detail. The core point is above.

EDIT: It's also worth pointing out that the ten commandments predate the creation of christianity by at least 500 years and probably longer. So claiming them as justification for christianity is just plain irrelevant as well as wrong.

Permabanned
EDIT: It's also worth pointing out that the ten commandments predate the creation of Christianity by at least 500 years and probably longer. So claiming them as justification for christianity is just plain irrelevant as well as wrong.

Also worth pointing out that the 42 laws of Ma'at pre-date the ten commandments by about 2000 years.

Soldato
Along these lines, a petition has popped up on the parliament petitions site in a bid to get the report made public. That'll be interesting if it gets debated (fully expecting, "We have already stated that this is not in the public interest for reasons.")

Last edited:
Caporegime
. Arranged marriages were a complex socio-economic transaction between two families. Love and mutual attraction had nothing to do with it, so you often ended up with someone you didn't even like.

The general rule of thumb in Christianity has always been 'no sex before marriage', not 'no sex before you're 16.'

So for the girls that's "no sex before you're raped by the husband you didn't pick and don't like"

Much more wholesome, at least they're of a similar age though, makes it all ok.....

Caporegime
So for the girls that's "no sex before you're raped by the husband you didn't pick and don't like"

Yep. But keep in mind that he didn't pick you and doesn't like you either, so he's more likely to get himself a mistress than rape you.

Much more wholesome, at least they're of a similar age though, makes it all ok.....

Don't be ridiculous.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
That is the modern view, however another modern take to the girls perspective could compare their childhood to "grooming" for this lifetime of "rape".

Unfortunately, looking at things through a modern day lens does nothing in this instance except sensationalise the situation to the extent with which we lose rational perspective. Old-timey way bad, agreed, old-timey way "rapey", hmmm not so much.

Soldato
OP
Arranged marriages were a complex socio-economic transaction between two families. Love and mutual attraction had nothing to do with it, so you often ended up with someone you didn't even like.

This is exactly it. This still goes on in the Muslim community. From my own observations all the Muslim guys I've known the girl they were arranged with came from Pakistan, or Bangladesh. It was generally arranged by someone who knows the family back in another country. I'm not sure if this is what happens in every arranged Muslim marriage. But from my personal observations an arranged marriage were both people are from Britain seemed rare.

It is my understanding that the Quran is taught in Arabic. My friend had to have a night tutor to learn Arabic so he could read and understand the Quran. Is this a normal thing? I only have my friends experience to go on.

While I can see the benefits of both the arranged marriage situation and learning the Quran in Arabic, it puts a spoke in the wheels for integration as there is always this link to another country and culture.

Back
Top Bottom