• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Palit 3060ti dual issues? Lower clock speeds?

Associate
I had some weird experiences with this card at stock too. As other people said, I wouldn't worry about stock 3DMark score because almost every running that will have some kind of OC.

I'm not sure why it won't let you adjust power on this card. Both the Dual and the Dual OC have the same BIOS which should let you set power limit to 105% (use MSI Afterburner, not Palit Thundermaster).

I now have it with a pretty hardcore undervolt (0.75V, 1695 MHz, +500 memory offset, 100% power limit) to keep the fans below 2000 RPM in a SFF case. The highest I could push it was 1905 MHz and +400 memory offset, which needed a 0.875V undervolt and 105% power limit. You are hardcore limited by Palit's power limit (and thermals aren't great either) so undervolt is 100% necessary. I could get it stable at 1920 MHz but it would immediately throttle down to below 1900.

Associate
OP
I had some weird experiences with this card at stock too. As other people said, I wouldn't worry about stock 3DMark score because almost every running that will have some kind of OC.

I'm not sure why it won't let you adjust power on this card. Both the Dual and the Dual OC have the same BIOS which should let you set power limit to 105% (use MSI Afterburner, not Palit Thundermaster).

I now have it with a pretty hardcore undervolt (0.75V, 1695 MHz, +500 memory offset, 100% power limit) to keep the fans below 2000 RPM in a SFF case. The highest I could push it was 1905 MHz and +400 memory offset, which needed a 0.875V undervolt and 105% power limit. You are hardcore limited by Palit's power limit (and thermals aren't great either) so undervolt is 100% necessary. I could get it stable at 1920 MHz but it would immediately throttle down to below 1900.
Did you benchmark at stock? Seems the card model is just on the lower end plus will need this undervolt to boost clock speed. I'm just trying to ensure the model i have isnt faulty first and foremost. I've been at my wits end with it. Not ideal for a prebuilt system lol! Didn't come with a rear fan either so all that heat just fills the case its a toasty card.

Associate
I have a screenshot saved - running 3DMark demo Time Spy, out of the box graphics score was 10677 putting it slightly below average for 3060 Ti scores. Are you getting similar?

Associate
OP
I have a screenshot saved - running 3DMark demo Time Spy, out of the box graphics score was 10677 putting it slightly below average for 3060 Ti scores. Are you getting similar?

Yeah ranging between 10900s to 11100. Around those scores. So well outside average, bottom 25% for mine. I can only point to the clock speeds, as on other models pushing 2.1k is the norm with oc.
So it may just be the card. I'm still unsure, as even base models should be able to hit 1950mhz without much issue.

Associate
Most other 3060 Ti (including FE) have a 220+W power limit. And probably better components/cooling to go with it.

At the end of the day, it's the cheapest AIB card and was obtainable for near MSRP prices, and it's hitting the advertised boost clock which is only 1665 MHz. It's not gonna compete with a 250+W Aorus or a 300+W Strix (which are kitted out to support overclocking) and I hope you weren't expecting it to..

Associate
OP
It has left abit
Most other 3060 Ti (including FE) have a 220+W power limit. And probably better components/cooling to go with it.

At the end of the day, it's the cheapest AIB card and was obtainable for near MSRP prices, and it's hitting the advertised boost clock which is only 1665 MHz. It's not gonna compete with a 250+W Aorus or a 300+W Strix (which are kitted out to support overclocking) and I hope you weren't expecting it to..

Well it came in a prebuilt system i had little choice, plus with the current situation around gpus. It was this or a 200£ more 3070, which was OOS at the time. I did change the psu as it was such low quality, only found out what psu after ordering on the build sheet.
I didnt expect top end, but I expected atleast just below average. This is well below going by other cards. I dont know a lot but I try to ensure the stuff is working atleast.

Associate
Well if you want something that will make you feel a bit better, check out the 3060 Ti when it hopefully goes on sale here later today and think about the £100-150 you saved on this card :)

Associate
OP
Well if you want something that will make you feel a bit better, check out the 3060 Ti when it hopefully goes on sale here later today and think about the £100-150 you saved on this card :)
Yeah thats fair, just hope I can get it running around 1900mhz id be happy with that. Can't believe how crazy gpus are at the moment. I was just worried the card was faulty!

Associate
I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I have never seen voltage reliability as a limiting factor on HWinfo from 0.75 - 1.08V using my Corsair SF600 platinum. That said, looking at your benchmarks, I very much doubt it will make any noticeable difference to you as this card simply isn't a good overclocker. Personally I wouldn't replace the PSU (which will be £80+ for a good one) unless it's actually crashing.

Associate
OP
I don't want to jump to any conclusions, but I have never seen voltage reliability as a limiting factor on HWinfo from 0.75 - 1.08V using my Corsair SF600 platinum. That said, looking at your benchmarks, I very much doubt it will make any noticeable difference to you as this card simply isn't a good overclocker. Personally I wouldn't replace the PSU (which will be £80+ for a good one) unless it's actually crashing.
The super flower was 105£ so it should be of good quality?
What would voltage reliability indicate a psu issue?

Associate
I have no idea if your PSU is any good, I just kinda assumed it would be bad because you said it was a pre-built system and that's where they tend to cheap out the most. There's a nice tier list - not sure if I'm allowed to link but if you google "PSUcultists tier list" it'll come up. Like I said, I doubt it will make any real world difference.

Associate
OP
I have no idea if your PSU is any good, I just kinda assumed it would be bad because you said it was a pre-built system and that's where they tend to cheap out the most. There's a nice tier list - not sure if I'm allowed to link but if you google "PSUcultists tier list" it'll come up. Like I said, I doubt it will make any real world difference.
Well they had bundled in a poor quality klonik one, but I requested it be changed. I got the best i could that was in stock.

Associate
I think you no need worry about your system. I bought palit 3060ti non OC from OCUK. MSI afterburner show speed between 1650 to 1930Hz. Card is not hot and not loud. If your system don't crash it's fine. Maybe good point reset bios to default. What about HDD? Is it SSD or HDD? Memory working in one channel or two? And little bit more info about CPU. I don't think problems with GPU

Back
Top Bottom