** PALIT NVIDIA BLACK FRIDAY DEALS NOW LIVE **

Soldato
Happily playing CoD on my new 2070 Super Jetstream... I play at 4K, when using ray traced shadows I found if I set the render resolution to 80% it looks very much the same but holds 60fps reliably. Overall pretty happy for the money - thanks for the deal gibbo!

Unfortunately it seems to be a fairly pathetic overclocker, even with +134% power OC scan managed a whole extra 63mhz :rolleyes: Memory can’t seem to go more than +800mhz either which it seems is fair but not great.

On the plus side the card stays nice and cool, seems that massive heat sink works well. I slightly tweaked up the fan curve since it’s not especially loud and under gaming it stays around 65c max (even with the massive 63mhz overclock :D)..

OcUK Staff
OP
Happily playing CoD on my new 2070 Super Jetstream... I play at 4K, when using ray traced shadows I found if I set the render resolution to 80% it looks very much the same but holds 60fps reliably. Overall pretty happy for the money - thanks for the deal gibbo!

Unfortunately it seems to be a fairly pathetic overclocker, even with +134% power OC scan managed a whole extra 63mhz :rolleyes: Memory can’t seem to go more than +800mhz either which it seems is fair but not great.

On the plus side the card stays nice and cool, seems that massive heat sink works well. I slightly tweaked up the fan curve since it’s not especially loud and under gaming it stays around 65c max (even with the massive 63mhz overclock :D)..

When overclocking NVIDIA can now be like AMD and actually benefit from a very minor under volt.

Soldato
Top tip on dropping the voltage a bit gibbo!

Been playing with the voltage frequency curves for a few hours today to see what I can achieve.

For reference at bone stock, it starts at around 1995mhz and fairly soon drops down to around 1935 where it remains for the rest of the benchmark with voltage dancing around 1.030 and 1.050 and power around 100% - Superposition 4K optimised score 8330.

Sliders maxed out for power and temp no other tweaks, it stays up at 1995mhz for the benchmark, at a fairly steady voltage of 1.050 and power around 112% - superposition 4K optimised score 8438.

Voltage curve adjusted to under-volt and plenty of experimenting to see what works, sits at 2025mhz for the whole benchmark, voltage at 0.950, power around 90% and memory boosted to +800mhz - superposition 4K optimised score 8849! I did manage to have it a bit higher scoring over 8900 with higher memory and clocks up to 2055 but was having stability issues.

so far the 0.950v 2025mhz seems stable in games, but need more testing to be sure.

So not exactly a golden chip in terms of top speed, but thanks to your suggestion I’ve got 6% more out of it and at a lower power draw to boot.

cheers!

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Top tip on dropping the voltage a bit gibbo!

Been playing with the voltage frequency curves for a few hours today to see what I can achieve.

For reference at bone stock, it starts at around 1995mhz and fairly soon drops down to around 1935 where it remains for the rest of the benchmark with voltage dancing around 1.030 and 1.050 and power around 100% - Superposition 4K optimised score 8330.

Sliders maxed out for power and temp no other tweaks, it stays up at 1995mhz for the benchmark, at a fairly steady voltage of 1.050 and power around 112% - superposition 4K optimised score 8438.

Voltage curve adjusted to under-volt and plenty of experimenting to see what works, sits at 2025mhz for the whole benchmark, voltage at 0.950, power around 90% and memory boosted to +800mhz - superposition 4K optimised score 8849! I did manage to have it a bit higher scoring over 8900 with higher memory and clocks up to 2055 but was having stability issues.

so far the 0.950v 2025mhz seems stable in games, but need more testing to be sure.

So not exactly a golden chip in terms of top speed, but thanks to your suggestion I’ve got 6% more out of it and at a lower power draw to boot.

cheers!

No problem.

People have to remember the modern day cards with the boost algorithms means a lower temp maintained under load means a higher boost clock maintained and thus more real world performance. :)

Soldato
Just out of interest is there a water block you are aware of that fits the palit 2070 super Jetstream? I'm struggling to find anything concrete.

It's only a somewhat temporary addition so wasn't planning on looping it in but may get the urge! At the moment my 6700k has a 360 and a 140 all to itself....

Back
Top Bottom