Pandemic 2.0?

Caporegime
For a virus that typically isn’t hugely transmissible, it is indeed bizarre that it’s popped up in so many different countries. Let’s hope it hasn’t mutated beyond the strain we think it is. My parents generation were among the last with immunity, so it seems we don’t have herd immunity.

Maybe it has mutated/become (a bit) more transmissible:

Man of Honour
No one should be laughing.

I'd suggest you start social distancing now to protect the NHS from monkeypox.

and nobody is laughing in here but you suggest they are :confused:

You all laughing about this, but if Dr hillary tells you to get your mask on you will be clapping for the NHS again :)

And like I said, we still have 200+ Covid patients and my Admin colleagues were asked to go and help on wards last week but you want to make a joke about it because you're obviously a conspiracy theory expert:(

Soldato
I'm sure its a coincidence.

https://www.nti.org/news/nti-bio-mu...reducing-high-consequence-biological-threats/

The impact of COVID-19 provided a pressing backdrop for this exercise, as the ongoing pandemic has highlighted weaknesses in the international architecture for preventing, detecting, and responding to pandemic threats. This is an urgent concern because future pandemics could match or exceed COVID-19’s devastating impact in lost lives and shattered economies. Even more concerning is that there are critical gaps in biotechnology oversight that create opportunities for accidental or deliberate misuse with potentially catastrophic global consequences. This was illustrated in the exercise scenario: a localized bioweapons attack with a genetically engineered monkeypox virus begins in the fictional country of Brinia. Over 18 months, the scenario evolves into a globally catastrophic pandemic, leaving 40% of the world’s population infected and over a quarter billion people dead.

Well.. it's good that we don't have a problem with monkeypox.. :eek:

Man of Honour
It's almost like some force is trying to find ways to delete a certain amount of the worlds population at random

Maybe it isn't so much at random.

Dunno if it is just rumour or if there is anything to it but I've seen bits and pieces of mention that supposedly a lot of these cases are linked to a festival (which involved certain group activities) in either the Netherlands or Belgium.

Permabanned
Maybe it isn't so much at random.

Dunno if it is just rumour or if there is anything to it but I've seen bits and pieces of mention that supposedly a lot of these cases are linked to a festival (which involved certain group activities) in either the Netherlands or Belgium.
The ex Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police rightly described the antics in the city's "Gay Village" that residents complained about witnessing as "Swirling around in a cess pit of their own making". Such profligate deviancy has consequences, as we are once again seeing mother nature demonstrate.

It has indeed been politically correctly hinted at by health officials who fear "Summer Festivals" may dramatically increase the spread of this virus. We all know what "Summer Festivals" is PC speak for.... Homosexuals engaging in casual sex with random strangers.

Caporegime

Yeah reported here:

Gay sauna in Spain and a gay fetish festival in Belgium seem to have been a link for several cases.

Soldato
Caporegime
The uncomfortable bit is that it can be spread by coughs and sneezes so yeah, about those masks...

Presumably way less chance of it spreading that way than Covid - presumably droplets rather than airborne too (?).

Like can spread that way but really seems like the main risk is if you're living with or are intimate with someone or have very close contact with them for a while etc..

Soldato
Presumably way less chance of it spreading that way than Covid - presumably droplets rather than airborne too (?).

Like can spread that way but really seems like the main risk is if you're living with or are intimate with someone or have very close contact with them for a while etc..
Or really bad luck sitting on a tube train or flight with an infected person.

Caporegime
Or really bad luck sitting on a tube train or flight with an infected person.

No that would be the opposite surely... a rather rare event/low-risk thing in comparison. Like sure it's possible but the main risk is going to be close contacts, mostly easily traceable (thus contact tracing is important) save for perhaps the anon sex venues etc..

Soldato
Sheets, blankets, anythings thats been in close contact with a (usually badly) infected person. Thats how the closely related smallpox used to spread too it was even used as a biological weapon release these items to your enemies and watch them go down with it.

Soldato
and nobody is laughing in here but you suggest they are :confused:

And like I said, we still have 200+ Covid patients and my Admin colleagues were asked to go and help on wards last week but you want to make a joke about it because you're obviously a conspiracy theory expert:(
Ha straight to conspiracy theorist.

So nothing has changed since the covid thread days, just typical 0 - 100 accusations.

Have a day off pal.

Back
Top Bottom