Pandemic

Associate
Hi all,

Thinking about buying Pandemic after playing it recently at a friends house. Does anyone have any experience with the expansions for it, and if so, which ones would are the best to buy?

It's such a great co-op game, I would definitely highly recommend at least the base game for everyone's board game collection!

Cheers!

Associate
I've not played with the expansions yet. At least that I can remember.

For something a little bit different you may prefer to keep an eye out for Pandemic Legacy which I think releases soon.

Soldato
I've not played the expansions yet. Pandemic Legacy is out in October I think. Although that is a new game as opposed to an expansion I think.

There was an expansion released recently also called State of Emergency. If and when I get round to getting expansions my plan was to buy On The Brink as it looks like that adds more to the game than the other expansions (specifically adding a 5th player would be a plus for me).

Soldato
Played a few expansions a while ago. (Can't remember the names, 1 had a bioterrorist the other had petri dishes and circles). Enjoyable and would play them again but prefer the base game.

Associate
I have "on the brink" we like the additional roles and have played the virulent strain challenge and few times it makes a nice extra challenge. I've never played the bio terrorist challenge yet though, as my group don't like the idea of making the game competitive.

Soldato
The only version of Pandemic I've played is the spinoff where you play as the diseases and compete with each other to kill the most people. It's fun, though I don't want to play it often.

Soldato
I looked for this on the rainforest but there seem to be a lot of versions with different box art. Do i want 'pandemic' or pandemic: contagion'?

Associate
I looked for this on the rainforest but there seem to be a lot of versions with different box art. Do i want 'pandemic' or pandemic: contagion'?

• Pandemic would be the original game.
  • Pandemic: On the Brink is an expansion for Pandemic.
  • Pandemic: In the Lab is another expansion.
  • Pandemic: Contagion is a card variant where you play as the diseases instead of the humans.
  • Pandemic: The Cure is the dice based variant. I picked this up recently & it's great fun.

The only Pandemic games I don't own at the moment is the State of Emergency expansion & Legacy.

Soldato
My copy of Pandemic: Legacy arrived on Friday. Playing 2 player with my wife. We have made it through two months so far. It has been great - first 'Legacy' game we have played.

Anyone else picked it up?

Associate
My copy of Pandemic: Legacy arrived on Friday. Playing 2 player with my wife. We have made it through two months so far. It has been great - first 'Legacy' game we have played.

Anyone else picked it up?

How are you finding it with 2 players? I've played original Pandemic with a range of player numbers and always found it more enjoyable with around 4 people.

Soldato
Enjoying it - although we generally only play normally Pandemic with two. It is probably a little easier though.

Some people have been playing two player but having each person control two players.

Associate
My wife and I have the original Pandemic, and we enjoy playing it together as a 2 player, are any of the expansions for this worth getting for us? We sometimes play it with more people, but it's usually just us... Likewise, is Legacy worth getting as a 2 player? could be a good xmas pressie!

Soldato
My wife and I have the original Pandemic, and we enjoy playing it together as a 2 player, are any of the expansions for this worth getting for us? We sometimes play it with more people, but it's usually just us... Likewise, is Legacy worth getting as a 2 player? could be a good xmas pressie!

Definitely worth getting Legacy. Even as a 2 player - it is a really great gaming experience. My wife likes it as it is a game just for us.

Soldato
Love the game, but my friends and I completely broke it. My advice is to play without the researcher. Even on the hardest difficulty, you can station 2-3 people around Atlanta and basically draw cards to win. We did it twice in a row and now I removed that card from the pack for a much better game.

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom