1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panzer General & Allied General (MS-DOS, Win95, Playstation 1) - WW2 turn based strategy game.

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing' started by ianh, Mar 25, 2020.

1. ianh

Mobster

Hi all,

I loved this WW2 turn based strategy game when i had both Panzer General and the sequel Allied General on the Playstation way back in '96-ish and during the current lockdown I've been searching for old games that I remembered and found that it was renamed PGForever - http://www.pgforever.info/ - after it got dropped by SSI for their newer post-WW2 to 2000 era Steel Panthers series, which I also have and really enjoy also.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I've just spent the last 3 days of my 'lockdown' playing this and still absolutely love it! It's amazing how your memory works because despite no playing this for 20+ years I can still remember exactly how to play this, all the little tactics to win etc like it was only played yesterday!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. lokiss

Mobster

Panzer General is totally infectious, played through the game many times. Of all things I first found it on the 3DO on a random pick up, the new game on the shelf that week. Gamepad aside a great version with clean memory saves and cd audio briefings.

I have Kutno and Lodz etched on the brain, fantastic game. The spiritual successor Panzer Corps matches up to the original.

Tac Bombers FTW!

3. elh_2009

Hitman

I used to love Panzer General so much, what a game

4. ianh

Mobster

I got recommended the modern "remake" on Steam for £30 called Panzer Corps Gold - exactly the same game with a lot more campaigns/scenarios but it came with a 3D graphical update done around 2011 and its got very good reviews. I bought it and only played D-Day so far and that mission plays just as well as PG version plus the added 3D units/terrain and 3D based attack effects are a bonus. The latest version, PC2, has just been released on Steam too and is getting good/OK reviews so may give that a go.