Paradox making a star trek 4x game coming this year.

Associate
Yeah I've played earlier iterations of that, although admittedly not recently - very much when it was a work in progress.

There were also a bunch of mods made for the original botf, one of which which brought in a load more ship classes, made the dominion a playable race, etc. There's a lot of love for botf out there it seems!

Associate
not a mod a full game just no 3d combat as bit tricky to make one but work still going on to try add one eventually. Has mp too.
Ah ok. I did some googling and I saw an entry on armada fleet command so assumed it was a mod, though they've got this site linked assuming it's the same thing http://supremacy.2pixels.net/

I remember there was another BotF 2 (literally called BotF 2 IIRC) fan game that was being made ages ago, but I think it got canned. Can't remember though.

Soldato
OP
Ah ok. I did some googling and I saw an entry on armada fleet command so assumed it was a mod, though they've got this site linked assuming it's the same thing http://supremacy.2pixels.net/

I remember there was another BotF 2 (literally called BotF 2 IIRC) fan game that was being made ages ago, but I think it got canned. Can't remember though.
i ran the site and forums of botf2 ages ago but host jigglypuff let it go and 2 supremacy projects split off due to creative differences one is one i linked u too other is on armadafleetcommand forums. Id go with the one i linked u to imo.

Associate
i ran the site and forums of botf2 ages ago but host jigglypuff let it go and 2 supremacy projects split off due to creative differences one is one i linked u too other is on armadafleetcommand forums. Id go with the one i linked u to imo.
Ahh cool. Yea I remember seeing jigglypuffs name around. I'll register with the site then and give it a download. Many thanks - and for running the site/forums previously :)

Soldato
Wasnt this essentially a Stellaris reskin? looking at some videos. Also with @TNA , given skylines 2 launch state and followup i'll think twice before purchasing a paradox game any time soon

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
Wasnt this essentially a Stellaris reskin? looking at some videos. Also with @TNA , given skylines 2 launch state and followup i'll think twice before purchasing a paradox game any time soon
No it wasnt essentially just a reskin, in a way if was just a reskin it would have been better then it was. While I enjoyed it there was a real problem with lack of balance and lack of replayability. What I wanted was a Stellaris Star Trek reskin which this wasnt.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Soldato

This sucks!!

I was planning playing it soon but thought let them fix it up a bit more :(
While no means perfect it is playable now after the last patch. I had a lot of fun as the Romulans and will do one more playthrough as Romulans on Ironman for achievements. Didn't enjoy the Fed playthrough. I think its worth playing if you can get it in the sales for £10 ish. Its good for 1 or 2 playthroughs but not anything like Stellaris where you can play again and again.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I will still play it. Just sad it did not get the love it needed. I got it knowing full well what it was but wanted all the licenced stuff. I wanted to support the choice of using TNG era star trek etc. Wish there was more if that.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
While no means perfect it is playable now after the last patch. I had a lot of fun as the Romulans and will do one more playthrough as Romulans on Ironman for achievements. Didn't enjoy the Fed playthrough. I think its worth playing if you can get it in the sales for £10 ish. Its good for 1 or 2 playthroughs but not anything like Stellaris where you can play again and again.

I will get my moneys worth I am sure :)

Associate
Glad I resisted the (strong) urge to buy this, having already been bitten by Imperator I made the decision not to buy at release any PDX game that isn't one of their core titles, I'm sure Millennia will go the same way given time.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Glad I resisted the (strong) urge to buy this, having already been bitten by Imperator I made the decision not to buy at release any PDX game that isn't one of their core titles, I'm sure Millennia will go the same way given time.

Just grab it later this year when it is a fiver or something. Can't go wrong then.

I will post here once I have played it. But probably won't be until later this year as too many other games to play yet.

Soldato
Bah I was looking forward to this, I really dont have the time to waste on games I'm not going to play constantly....I may try it in a while when I have more time though.

@TNA you should give Starfield a go, I heard it's rather epic......Oh wait....

• Haha
Back
Top Bottom