Parallel In The Black

Some amazing stuff and skills in this build?

Where did you buy the chrome plated copper tubing, or did you get it sprayed? Been looking for some to replace the current chrome plated brass tubing I have in my build as its too tough to bend and the plating just cracks when it does bend :(

This looks outstanding! Nice job

Thank you!

Some amazing stuff and skills in this build?

Where did you buy the chrome plated copper tubing, or did you get it sprayed? Been looking for some to replace the current chrome plated brass tubing I have in my build as its too tough to bend and the plating just cracks when it does bend :(

Cheers, I'll have to seek out your build, as you can tell I have a thing for builds that use copper tubing :).
I got the copper tube already chromed from ebay, usually around £23 for 1.5m. Sounds expensive (which it is!) but it's cheaper than making the shapes you want first, then getting the chromed. The chrome finish does withstand 90 degree bends quite well and can be polished up. However, as it's delivered in a coil you have to straighten it and you'll never get it perfectly true by hand. For this I used a tool from KwixUK which does an admirable job. As long as you don't twist the tool while drawing it down the pipe it won't mark it. The only problem is that the tool is £40 and you need to buy the size you need - the 10mm tool I bought will only straighten 10mm tubing.

that's a great outcome. really like your efforts with this build.

Thanks mate, glad you like it!

Absolutely brilliant I love your ideas for the gpu's in this build superb!

Cheers mate, won't be long until the graphics cards are in their chromed glory :).

Wow, you are defo right, I think seeing the gpu's in situ, chrome is going to look much better. The pipe work is stunning, a really unique looking build mate, amazing work!

Cheers, I'll have to seek out your build, as you can tell I have a thing for builds that use copper tubing :).
I got the copper tube already chromed from ebay, usually around £23 for 1.5m. Sounds expensive (which it is!) but it's cheaper than making the shapes you want first, then getting the chromed. The chrome finish does withstand 90 degree bends quite well and can be polished up. However, as it's delivered in a coil you have to straighten it and you'll never get it perfectly true by hand. For this I used a tool from KwixUK which does an admirable job. As long as you don't twist the tool while drawing it down the pipe it won't mark it. The only problem is that the tool is £40 and you need to buy the size you need - the 10mm tool I bought will only straighten 10mm tubing.

Thanks mate :)

Will definitely take a look at the bay. My current loop is only half done as the material was so hard to work with, but this seems like the stuff I was after, and seeing your build is defo making me want to sort mine out :D

Cheers for the tools tip, that straightener looks great.

I don't think I can measure how envious I am now. Your system looks absolutely sublime as it has a industrial look yet somehow maintains a classy feel with the silver piping/fittings and the chrome CPU block. The green GPU logo also adds a nice splash of colour to the rig. It's also nice to see that the cooling is functional as well as looking good :)

Excellent work :D

Wow, you are defo right, I think seeing the gpu's in situ, chrome is going to look much better. The pipe work is stunning, a really unique looking build mate, amazing work!

Cheers mate, I can't wait to see what the gpu's looks like in chrome :).

Thanks mate :)

Will definitely take a look at the bay. My current loop is only half done as the material was so hard to work with, but this seems like the stuff I was after, and seeing your build is defo making me want to sort mine out :D

Cheers for the tools tip, that straightener looks great.

You're welcome! You should get back on to your build, it looks amazing (I've had a gander at The Shard - love that case and your lighting is sweet!).

love this!

Cheers!

I don't think I can measure how envious I am now. Your system looks absolutely sublime as it has a industrial look yet somehow maintains a classy feel with the silver piping/fittings and the chrome CPU block. The green GPU logo also adds a nice splash of colour to the rig. It's also nice to see that the cooling is functional as well as looking good :)

Excellent work :D

Thanks mate, it's odd that I wasn't aiming for an industrial look but it's ended up that way!

---- Update ----

I mentioned in a previous post that the Corsair Dominator Platinum RAM would be changing, and that they have :). I've found I'm needing more than 16GB of RAM recently and rather than get another 16GB of the Dom Plats I went for 32GB of Klevv Genuine 2400MHz:

klevv_genuine_04.jpg

I think they look a bit more refined that the Dominators, what do you think?

klevv_genuine_03.jpg

Four look even better :). OCUK should stock these!

klevv_genuine_05.jpg

Fitted. Even turned off they the look so in place, suiting this build.

klevv_genuine_06.jpg

Switched on and running. I was surprised at just how bright they actually are! Unfortunately the brightness can't be adjusted and when fitted it's the back of them you see from the top, neither are huge issues though. They really draw your eyes to them.

klevv_genuine_07.jpg

klevv_genuine_08.jpg

This is getting mental .... :)

klevv_genuine_09.jpg

Sorry to bring up an older thread but I was wondering what size tubing and fittings you used as they do look good, also are they more secure than the standard watercooling fittings? :)

No need to apologise, I'm been wanting to update it but the chroming company let me down so the build has stalled somewhat. Plus other things took precedence over the build.

The fittings are G1/4 thread and for 10mm tubing. I reckon they are more secure due to the internal blades that prevent the tubing from being pulled out, unless the retaining ring is pressed first. However, I wouldn't put any structural load on the tubing and fittings. Given enough force you could pull the tubing out but it would take quite a bit!

No need to apologise, I'm been wanting to update it but the chroming company let me down so the build has stalled somewhat. Plus other things took precedence over the build.
The fittings are G1/4 thread and for 10mm tubing. I reckon they are more secure due to the internal blades that prevent the tubing from being pulled out, unless the retaining ring is pressed first. However, I wouldn't put any structural load on the tubing and fittings. Given enough force you could pull the tubing out but it would take quite a bit!
Nice to see that the built is continuing, I do like the look (Hence my interest in the fittings) however I can't find them :(

Looks excellent! Though the inside of the GeForce GTX text needs to match the shroud, so black on one green on the other. It looks a bit odd with random white/silver inside the text in my opinion. :)

Unless you made it like that deliberately, in which case, carry on! :p

Back
Top Bottom