paranioa help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
hi this is quite a personal subject for me so no jokes, thanks

I suffer from really bad paranioa, and was wondering if anyone else here did.
Is there something that stops you from being paranoid, even for a while?
Is there something I can do to stop it?

it's just I have a girlfriend and I am worried that my paranioa will ruin our relationship.

I havn't told her because of what might happen.
I don't want her to feel she can't do anything.

it's not that what she does makes me paranoid it's just I think she will find someone better and end it with me to be with them.

paranoia has ruined a relationship before between me and a girl and girls have used me and ended it to be with someone else before.

I know no one on this forum would but please don't take the mick.

thanks

Murray

Man of Honour
Do you trust her? Thats the important thing.

Also, how old are you?

I used to be rather paranoid and rather jealous, because I had very strong moral values but didn't trust other people to mirror that. I think that only came with age.

Associate
OP
Gilly said:
Do you trust her? Thats the important thing.

Also, how old are you?

I used to be rather paranoid and rather jealous, because I had very strong moral values but didn't trust other people to mirror that. I think that only came with age.

I do trust her, but she said she would stop smoking (because I have bad lungs and was sick once when she smoked) but then she smoked like twice after, but she told me she had, so I trust her.

im 17.

I did get picked on for years and years at school so maybe that is part of the reason why I am?

Associate
OP
vonhelmet said:
See a doctor if you think it's bad enough to start threatening relationships.

I don't have enough money to see a doctor.
I am 17 and in a part time job.
all my money would be gone if i saw a doctor.
and I need money to buy food + clothing.
but I really don't want the relationship to end

Man of Honour
Perfectly possible. I'm 100% certain that was a factor in my petty jealousies.

I'm not sure what to advise to be honest, this is a very personal thing to you, and what works for someone else may not for you. As mentioned previously it may be worth speaking to your GP. Just talking about it might help, and he may even refer you on.

Therapy is losing a lot of its stigma these days. I've never had it, but I wouldn't think twice if I thought it might help.

[edit]You don't need money to see a doc, just go see a GP.

Soldato
Asking for medical help on a public forum isn't really for the best - the advice given is as likely to do harm as good.

Gilly is right - speak to your GP, they don't just dole out drugs, they can refer you or may be trained in counselling techniques themselves.

Edit: whoever told you you need to pay to speak to your GP about *anything*? If those meddling receptionists try to dig their oar in explain your problem is between you and your doctor only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom