Paris Olympics 2024

Which means we've won a medal on every day of the games which I believe is the first time :cool:

Yeah I must admit to being a little superficial with regards to my opinions on GB's under performance but, of course, the number of medals is what should really count.

NZ and The Netherlands have had an amazing Games though. We'll see if the French can keep it going in the next games.

That’s that then. Apart from the stupid opening ceremony, that’s been a good fortnight. We can’t be upset with the final GB medal tally.

See you all in two years for the winter games.

That’s that then. Apart from the stupid opening ceremony, that’s been a good fortnight. We can’t be upset with the final GB medal tally.

See you all in two years for the winter games.

Yeah, I would have liked to see some more Golds in the athletics though, but the US are so dominant in that!

I have to say its felt like a long summer of sport; it feels like a long time since I was over in Germany for the Euro's and then we've had the Olympics, Tour de France, Copa America - loads of stuff.
Its a shame its all over! (Bar the Closing)

That said its always a bigger spectacle and more watchable when its in Europe and broadcast at our time, its going to be a while until we get an Olympics or World Cup at those times again!

Medal tables are interesting for Team GB since the London Olympics. Very impressive and consistent totals, though the gold tally has gradually decreased.

65 medals in 2012, 67 in 2016, 64 in 2020, 65 in 2024. Gold: 29 in 2012, 27 in 2016, 22 in 2020, 14 in 2024.

Medal tables are interesting for Team GB since the London Olympics. Very impressive and consistent totals, though the gold tally has gradually decreased.

65 medals in 2012, 67 in 2016, 64 in 2020, 65 in 2024. Gold: 29 in 2012, 27 in 2016, 22 in 2020, 14 in 2024.

I think its fair to say that there was a lot more money pumped into Team GB for the home games and that's probably starting to wear off a little now, there was certainly a "golden generation" of Olympic Athletes there for sure though

Back
Top Bottom