Parking commercial vehicles on a residential street

Seems to me he's probally breaking some rule somewhere whether his 'o' licience or planning permission or business rates rules.

One thing you can do is find where your council publish the details when someone requests an operators licince....has to go into local press. Keep looking you will find it as the right time of year and object. You never know it might be due for renewal soon.

In my opinion he will have an operators licience but not residential and for that amount of vehicles. The operator licience states how many vehicles and where they will be kept. You think they will agree to a residential area for full coaches ???

You can just email VOSA, they will have an enforcement team there in the blink of an eye.

They will also go over his Buses and Tachos and serviicing records with a fine tooth comb and probably end up hitting him with some many offences that could end up doing time.

Because chances are, no operating center, no servicing, no nothing.

6 months this has been going on for?
i think if it really was a problem something would have been done by now, surely your other neighbours must be raising complaints as well?

For a lot of the 6 months he has been parking them in the next road along, I assume to not annoy his direct neighbours (he lives a fair way from me so I hadn't really noticed).

It's possible that they have done something which is why he is back to this road.

If they are 3.5t or below he wouldn't normally need an operators licence.

Which sucks. There's a dude in my estate who owns a scaffolding company and regularly has 3 or 4 long wheelbase transits or tipper trucks parked outside. He's literally the only guy like that round here and it just looks a mess.

I would suggest against that. Whilst the person you're talking about is committing an operators licence offence, it's not illegal as such. Blocking peoples vehicles in parking is the same as obstructing their access to the highway and is a road traffic offence.

Yeah - while a bit of a different story someone parked inconsiderately outside my house blocking our drive and blocking in a delivery van (which was probably why the police made an effort) that was doing his rounds, as they couldn't get hold of the driver the police put the window in and moved the vehicle manually, dunno if they charged the driver but the police gave him short shrift when he turned up a few hours later and started kicking off.

Back
Top Bottom