Parking issues!

Caporegime
Everyone has a right to buy another car, and park in designated areas. But damn the parking around here has become horrendous! When I first moved here 10 years ago you could always park in a parking bay, but now on this one small street which has 18 houses, there's only 10 parking bays. And a number of residence are just getting more and more cars, parking them in the bays and *** everyone else. On my side of the street with 6 parking bays. one bloke has taken up all three, with two further work vans parked on the grass :mad:

*moan*

10 parking spaces for 18 houses is ridiculous; an idea dreamt up in a fairytale world where everyone uses a bike or public transport like good little citizens. That was always going to end in tears.

The solution to this problem can be found here.

I do have sympathy though. We never had a problem parking as we had a drive just about big enough for 3 cars. I never parked outside our house, even if it meant doing a 3 car shuffle to get the one out that we need. Cue Mr. ZFG next door who decided he could spend an extra hour in bed if he brought a 70 seater coach home that he used to do a school run in. The view from my front room window was now a **** heap of a coach and the two houses opposite had an almost impossible task to get on or off their drive.

Thankfully that only lasted a couple of months then it became a minibus, which also lived outside my house :rolleyes:

We moved a while back but I heard he now works for a different company and just brings a cab home which is far more suited to a small residential cul-de-sac.

Last edited:
10 parking spaces for 18 houses is ridiculous; an idea dreamt up in a fairytale world where everyone uses a bike or public transport like good little citizens. That was always going to end in tears.

Exactly! The bungalows/houses were built in the 1970's so probably a time when not everyone had a car

Unfortunately the only way to avoid this problem, as well as other issues related to communal parking areas or even shared drives, is to buy a house with a private driveway.

10 unallocated parking bays for 18 houses sounds horrendous.

Last edited:
One of the contributing factors to us moving was the fact that come School run times you could barely move in the street, idiots double parked everywhere.
Even if you parked on your drive you could guarantee some **** would park opposite to make it rather difficult to get out.

Public highway they all have the right to park where they want, all you can do is report the vans repeatedly for being on the pavement, see if anything gets done.

When you come to sell up, just don't do viewings anywhere near school times lol

Same everywhere:(

Kids staying at home longer need cars to get to work. The record I know of near us is four cars.
I think I can top this. Old house and there were a family around the corner. Mum, dad, 2 sons, daughter.
Dad owned a roofing company. Both sons worked for him. All three had work vans. All three had a car. Dad had a weekend car (mx5). Mum had a car. Daughter had a car.

Driveway could take 3 cars.

Last edited:
I think I can top this. Old house and there were a family around the corner. Mum, dad, 2 sons, daughter.
Dad owned a roofing company. Both sons worked for him. All three had work vans. All three had a car. Dad had a weekend car (mx5). Mum had a car. Daughter had a car.

Driveway could take 3 cars.

9 the new record! Crazy, but is society or the housing market to blame.

Thing that annoys me most is when people park on the street even though they have a driveway that is empty.

In my village there is a street that's one of the main bus routes and people park on the road either side turning it into a single lane street.

90% of the houses have parking for a good 3 cars, yet most people park on the road and don't use their driveway. And the reason is "so others don't park outside my house" feeble excuse.

Back
Top Bottom