Parking issues!

Its because our public transport totally sucks.

Literally the only time Ive caught the train in the last few years: It was cancelled so had to wait an hour for the next one, and there was a complete gibbering weirdo on the platform the whole time.

Why were you gibbering? And I wouldn't go so far as saying you're a weirdo...

When we were selling the old house we looked around for a rented and found one not far away and it looked OK - Just by chance we were out one sunday so went back to have another look.
Well it took a while to find a turning spot and get back out.
We have a small bungalow and get one in garage and about 6 on drive and two on front slab bit infront of windows.
Although we all have good drives there are some neighbours that hate anyone parking outside their houses even though it's a public highway.
I remember living in Harborne in Brum and we had two out of the three cars in the road.. It's now one way.

Last edited:
I remember living in Harborne in Brum and we had two out of the three cars in the road.. It's now one way.
A lot of the roads in Harborne/Edgbaston/Bearwood are all now permitted too for the residential streets. When we sold our place back in 2022 our street had just been turned into permitted parking which was honestly a dream for finding a parking space.

There were days when I'd have to leave the car a few roads away from where we lived and that became a nightmare when you've got a young baby and things (a pram, bags etc.) to lug back to the house.

Where my brother lives is like this, there's fairly poor public transport links and they have one space per house with no visitor spaces. Then all the streets around are only wide enough to park one car which then means every other car has to drive round them, so if people park either side of the road you have slaloms that mean even less cars can park. When I go visit him I have to park a few hundred metres away, which is fine but you know fine rightly you're parking in someone else's normal spot so always worry about irrational people damaging the car.

My road is similar in the way that you can only park on one side without fully blocking it and we have neighbours who always have one car on the road and one in the drive which means visitors can't always park close. Not so much of a problem for us as we can fit 3 on the drive but one behind each other, but Mrs and I just take the front car whichever it is. I think if we end up staying where we are there will be families growing up and it will get worse over time.

Back
Top Bottom