|Parvum X1.0|

Associate
It looks amazing, just the kind of thing I am aiming for with my next build.

I really like the small form factor builds like this, they house so much power and look really unique.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
this system basically plays everything i have thrown at it at more or less max settings at 1440p, gsync enabled without issue.

I have thought about a cheeky upgrade to a 980ti though :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
pretty much. took it all apart and primered then sprayed it in small layers.

sanded it down between each coat

Soldato
one more question if you don't mind, how did you spray the cooler without getting anything on the GeForce GTX part?

always wonder how people can spray gpu coolers, motherboards, etc different colours with still keeping the details they want as I cant see masking it off giving the good results you got on your gpu

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
ok, so its a bit of a task that involves a lot of very small screws.

essentially you have to take the whole cooler apart. the geforce gtx light is basically a rubbery section that is framed by the cooler shroud. you just remove it.

every section of the cooler shroud can be taken apart. the screws are tiny and get easily lost [especially if, like me, you have an enormous Norwegian forest cat roaming around your house who wants to play with everything you're doing.]

Associate
Great work Rich. Really nice example of a clean and powerful X1.0 rig. We need to see more of these especially with iSeries just around the corner.

The cheeky little fury card would make a cool X1.0 build also!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
we had a fury at ocuk that we were gonna put into the system for the photos but I wanted to show what I had done to my card more really as it was my project, I wanted to showcase it how I would be using it.

It really is the perfect case for a fury build though, 120mm rad in the front and plenty of room for the GPU with enough space to tuck the tubing from the cooler away and make it look really clean.

The low profile Phanteks cooler I used is really perfect for this case too, I was actually surprised at how well the thermals of the case are given that I opted not to fit a fan to the front and back of the chassis. the CPU cooler does a great job of keeping my i7 under control even when overclocked and the top vent means my GTX 980 just pulls in fresh air out of the roof of the case without impacting thermals elsewhere in the chassis.

Really is a testament to how much thought and enthusiast knowledge goes into the creation of a Parvum case. [/fanboy]

Associate
I love how Asus has the 24 and 8 pin PSU all in the same row on the impact. Makes cabling easy and look better. You pay the expense for a 8pin custom cable and its ends up hidden away. I wish mobo vendors could find a way to do that on all form factors.

Back
Top Bottom