• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

PASCAL PRICES Post 11xx

Soldato
I've noticed 1080Ti's and 1080's selling locally for £300 for 1080 and 1080ti for £430 - on multiple occasions... been so tempted to pull trigger, How close are we to 11 series and what are your thought on the used price market POST 11 series.

Soldato
I've noticed 1080Ti's and 1080's selling locally for £300 for 1080 and 1080ti for £430 - on multiple occasions... been so tempted to pull trigger, How close are we to 11 series and what are your thought on the used price market POST 11 series.

I will be careful on used 1080s and 1080Tis going that cheap. They could easily have been used in mining farms.
You need to know where are you buying from used parts unfortunately.

And no gamer will sell his 1080Ti that cheap only miners having recoup all the costs plus profit.
Check how many cards of that type have sold by looking at their account.

Soldato
OP
I will be careful on used 1080s and 1080Tis going that cheap. They could easily have been used in mining farms.
You need to know where are you buying from used parts unfortunately.

And no gamer will sell his 1080Ti that cheap only miners having recoup all the costs plus profit.
Check how many cards of that type have sold by looking at their account.

hey man, yeah but it wasn't one seller it's quite a few folk, appreciate the possibility of them having been mined on, but for example, one guy was splitting the whole pc,

I reckon
1050ti - 1060
1160 = 1070
1170 = 1080ti
1180 = Titan V~

if that's the case with all the old miner cards and people waiting to upgrade, it'll be a bloodbath, wouldn't be surprised to see used 1070's sub £200

Soldato
hey man, yeah but it wasn't one seller it's quite a few folk, appreciate the possibility of them having been mined on, but for example, one guy was splitting the whole pc,

I reckon
1050ti - 1060
1160 = 1070
1170 = 1080ti
1180 = Titan V~

if that's the case with all the old miner cards and people waiting to upgrade, it'll be a bloodbath, wouldn't be surprised to see used 1070's sub £200

There is not one miner. And you make assumptions. There are only rumours about the 1180/2080 or what ever. There is NOTHING concrete

And you will be dreaming if the 1180 will have the same performance with the Volta Titan.
1180 is nothing than re-spinned Pascal.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
There is not one miner. And you make assumptions. There are only rumours about the 1180/2080 or what ever. There is NOTHING concrete

And you will be dreaming if the 1180 will have the same performance with the Volta Titan.

yes, but again you're assuming any cheap card must have been mined on, i'm speaking on an average I've seen on several places from several Local sellers not mining farms.... sure it's possible cards have been mined on but as mentioned earlier in this post even OCUK sold a 1080ti b grade for £379. I'm glad I sold my 1080ti roll on the new gen, it's a win either way for everybody. although nothing is concrete one things for sure pascal cards will drop in value, even if the new cards were to have the exact same performance but were more efficient, thanks to miners, the market will flood and Joe blogs who didn't mine would only be able to sell his card for £xxx so great time to buy used or upgrade to the new gen. Pascal Launched in 2016 i would hope Nvidia improves the performance at least 20% in each series of cards.

now is the time to sell up!!

Soldato

So you've seen one then :confused: What are the specs?

Soldato
You might wanna hang on till its released, if ya remember when the 1080 came out overclockers started dropping the 980ti prices hugely, they were almost giving them away, I picked up a new card for cheaper than most of the second hand ones available.

Soldato
You might wanna hang on till its released, if ya remember when the 1080 came out overclockers started dropping the 980ti prices hugely, they were almost giving them away, I picked up a new card for cheaper than most of the second hand ones available.

This, they were going for £300 if I remember correctly

Soldato
Yea there's usually some previous gen EOL graphic card deals to be have when new gen is released...but Nvidia has not incentive or any rush to bring out new generation, as they would most definitely taking their sweet time clearing their inventory of the Pascal based card to minimise the number of cards will have to be sold at EOL pricing; considering they just have had 300K GPU returned to them by an AIB partner.

New gen will most likely still be quite a while away, especially considering AMD most probably won't have anything new and attractive to being out this year for the consumers.

Soldato
OP
I wouldn't buy used cards or used computer hardware in general full stop, upto you though. Too much of a risk and you never know what you are really getting.

Tbh very little risk, if you obtain warranty proof. to buy 10 series at this moment in time you'd have to be plain crazy, i wonder what new features the next gen will bring.

Back
Top Bottom