Passed my driving test, nearly forty years after passing my driving test - Would you?

The 3 point turn wasnt hard anyway so its hardly dumbing down. The test is longer now, 40 mins but mine lasted 50 mins.

Follow roads signs and directions is still there I think 1 in 4 tests are conducted that way. So you have to learn it.
The Tom Tom is basic it doesn't tell you which lane to go its just a route you have to follow.

Good to know about the Tom Tom being basic, but I still maintain that doing a 3 point turn is vastly more useful and marginally harder than learning how to reverse along the kerb (Feek's example).

I took the driving instructors test a few years ago many years after passing the original and passed does that count? 20 minor faults or less will pass you on a regular test, this one is 3

Last edited:
Good to know about the Tom Tom being basic, but I still maintain that doing a 3 point turn is vastly more useful and marginally harder than learning how to reverse along the kerb (Feek's example).
I agree the 3 point turn was such a good manouvre to do on the test. I never got the reverse on the right side its the easiest manouvre by far.

Back
Top Bottom