PASSED today!

Associate
I passed today with 3 minors!

I am soooo happy but at the same time I can not believe that I can go get a bike and just ride it!

Next up the car licence... (yawn) :D

Ps I am after an 1999 to 2002 Yamaha FZS600 fazer. Preferably in red with the white and black decals. I have seen on at Mayhem Motorcycles in blue with 11k on the clock for 1700 squids but any advice would be goo as i hunt for the red one.

PPs, think I might need a bank loan so I can get a bike asap rather than next month lol

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The S2 is nice but to keep costs down I am aiming at an S1. Got a quote on the one I am tracking and Hastings will do it on TpFT with legal cover for £386 but I will need to have it datatagged and get an Oxford ground anchor.

Question is do I take a £1k loan out and get it this weekend or do i wait nearly 2 months and save lol

Associate
OP
Funny you say that. I just went to the dealers website and clicked a link to their online store which sent me to fleabay...

They seem to be more of a parts broker. Then I noticed they had loads of used FZS600 parts and I am now wondering if the bike was crashed and rebuilt by these guys and the bike was never declared to have been in an accident.

Associate
OP
Hmmm 'take you time' is the qoute of the day me thinks!

The long search begins haha!

I will go to local dealers and sit on a few bikes. The Triumph garage in Woburn was brilliant, very friendly so I will pop in tomorow to see if they have any trade bargins coming lol.

Associate
OP
haha 4T5! You are in the battle of who will be broken first with your own bike!

Ok insurance question time!

Is it worth going Fully comp on a bike valued at £2500? How big a difference does Full to Third Fire theft make?

I have been looking it up my searching is failing!
EDIT:
DOH!

I am on comparethemeerkat and they explain it very clearly lol. Fully comp I think it is for me!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Associate
OP
Arrgghhh just got accepted for the loan, oh dear mother of all things!:eek::D

And the Bandit above! I might call the guy later today....

Buy the time the bank gives me the money its going to be mid week and I am back at work on Wednesday:mad:

Roll on next weekend!

That blue 650 Bandit is only £100 more for fully comp compare to the older 600 Bandit.. and the bike is £200 cheaper than the older one before haggling.

Ok Now I need advice on what to do. I should be able to buy a bike next weekend, do i call the seller up today and ask a few questions? or leave it for now. I will also have to ask one of my friends to be available next weekend to do the driving.

Any tips would be ace guys!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Ok that sounds like some sound advice. i am going to a local dealer and hopefully they have a bandit I can sit on.

Its my first bike and its got to be an upright and so far its the Bandits that really catch me on looks so it ticks a few boxes there and they seem to be cheaper on insurance than the yammy 600's so again a win there.

Thanks VoG!

Associate
OP
OK I have been to a local Suzuki dealer and got to sit on a 1250 bandit. Its bloody heavy but it was very comfortable and I just know that a 600/650 with a 30mm lowering kit will be good. The loan money should be with me by Friday and in the mean time I will contact the seller but research what questions to ask and try to guage if the blue bandit sounds a good deal or not.

I will ask a work colleague if he can take me to view the bike next weekend but.need to figure out how to get it back to mine.

Lots to sort out buying the first bike but hell its good fun!

Associate
OP
I am 5'8 with a 30" inside leg and when i sat on the 1250 I could get my toes down but it felt unstable trying to hold the weight up, 30mm lower means I can at least get the ball of my foot down and not just toes. The er6-n I learnt on was 50mm lower and i could flat foot it with a bend in my knee but it was good for stopping on cambers etc.

Oh and I went out drinking at 14:00 yesterday and got home today at 08:00am:eek: Not done that in awhile lol

Associate
OP
Ok rang the guy about the 2007 Blue Bandit and he is going to hold it for me, hpi check done, loan paper work enroute, van rental no worries.

Just got to get that loan money and roll on next saturday!

Associate
OP
I know the can is horrid but its staying until i get 1 years NCB.

Speaking of insurance I can get it for £400 TpFT with breakdown cover, legal cover and lid / gear cover or its £800 fully comp with the same addons.

Excess on TpFT is £250 and fully comp is £350 both based on 6k miles pa and no pillion with SDPC.

I have never insured a bike or a car before and I can not decide on what insurance would be best for me. If i kill the bike I have to buy another, probably a cheapo on TpFT if it is fully comp and I claim how much will I get for the bike and how much more will I pay the next year and the potential loss of 1 year NCB.

I am not liking this insurance thingy!:rolleyes:

Also could I get say a de-badged micron for example and say 'I thought it was a standard exhaust replacement'?

Associate
OP
Plan B implemented!! (No not that horrid boy band!)

My best mate is lending me the money so he does not go and buy a Lotus Elise lol! He is on the phone to the bank now and if the money can be withdrawn in cash tomorrow I will ring the bike seller and some rent a van and try to get there monday eve.

Everyone cross your fingers that plan B works!

Oh and with the end can are they not classed as a modification that you have to declare on the insurance?

Associate
OP
Yeah I am wondering what bike weighed in at 400kg!?

Only thing I can think off is some huge cruiser like a 1800 yammy or suzuki.

Ok, so I am off to the bank today to see how long it will take to get the money in paper form and I have to ask if a Datatool alarm s4-c1 (prices seem to be about £300 fitted) is worth it?

Oh and if I budget £200 for an end can what can you guys find for me?:D

Back
Top Bottom