Passed!

Associate
And just in time! Had my Mod2 this afternoon at 13:29, the test went ok few little problems but I was pretty nervous. As I'm under 19 I'm pretty chuffed that I got my full license before the 19th! I didn't even know that the test would go ahead until this morning due to the snow. Time to go bike hunting!

Caporegime
Well done freddie!!!

15cy9tt.gif

just be carefull now and dont let it go to your head;)

Associate
Congrats Freddie! :D

+1 on what Wazza said.

Oh and keep a cool head when bike hunting, don't get love at first sight and buy the first bike you find that seems to tick the boxes. Sit on them, test ride if you can and check the usual things when buying a bike, I am sure one of the guys can give you some good tips on what to look out for even model specific tips.

Enjoy and well done.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Well done on passing, I still remember how chuffed I was when the Examiner told me I had passed. :D

Listen to Brackish, I should know as I went out & bought a ZX7R which was an awesome bike but not suited to me at all so after 4 weeks & a 1000 miles I chopped it for my Funduro which suits me perfectly.

Does have to be said though that if I didn't get the Sports bike I'd still be wanting one now. :p Some lessons you just have to learn yourself.

Anyway, Enough chat go buy a bike post pics etc. :D

Also look for the OcUK Bike meet thread & put your name down. :cool:

Associate
Oh Freddie,

Look into a Suzuki SV650 or Bandit (GSF600/650). Kawasaki Er-6 F/N, Honda Hornet 600 (cb600f?) Yamaha XJ6.

They tend to be the some of the usual popular new rider bikes. The SV650 is a v twin so loads of low end grunt and sounds deep grunty and awesome. The Kawk Er-6 is a parallel twin, nice and smooth and great mid range power and others are in line 4's, more top end power so needs the revs to make it play.

Think of this a a taster into your research. yes you may end up loosing hours and hours of your life looking at reviews and youtube sound clips but it is worth it:D

The choice is yours but we WILL tease you with ideas:p

Soldato
If you can wait til March, I may have an SV650S for sale.... :p it's going to be getting better weather by then!

But also congrats! I'm only 20, but so glad I got my licence a few years ago before any of this nonsense began rearing its head.

Man of Honour
Congrats Freddie!

Oh Freddie,

Look into a Suzuki SV650 or Bandit (GSF600/650). Kawasaki Er-6 F/N, Honda Hornet 600 (cb600f?) Yamaha XJ6.

They tend to be the some of the usual popular new rider bikes. The SV650 is a v twin so loads of low end grunt and sounds deep grunty and awesome. The Kawk Er-6 is a parallel twin, nice and smooth and great mid range power and others are in line 4's, more top end power so needs the revs to make it play.

Think of this a a taster into your research. yes you may end up loosing hours and hours of your life looking at reviews and youtube sound clips but it is worth it:D

The choice is yours but we WILL tease you with ideas:p

Slight tangent here; I'm thinking of doing my CBT AND DAS in the next 12 months, I've just turned 24 so will have no restrictions right?

The bikes mentioned above are the type I like, 600cc, naked and hopefully inexpensive. I know a lot of people complete their CBT and get 125cc experience under their belt before upgrading. Ideally I'd like to jump straight to 600cc as I think I'm fairly responsible or is that considered a bit silly?

Caporegime
Congrats Freddie!

Slight tangent here; I'm thinking of doing my CBT AND DAS in the next 12 months, I've just turned 24 so will have no restrictions right?

The bikes mentioned above are the type I like, 600cc, naked and hopefully inexpensive. I know a lot of people complete their CBT and get 125cc experience under their belt before upgrading. Ideally I'd like to jump straight to 600cc as I think I'm fairly responsible or is that considered a bit silly?

go for it and do it asap before the silly rules come into play!!!!

any bike will do aslong as its a kawasaki;)

er6 gets my vote,or buy my zx10r !!!!

Associate
OP
Congrats Freddie!

Just my 2c but I managed to get my license without owning a 125 at all and with no prior bike exp, I have had around 7 4 hour lessons, these include mod1 and mod2 and CBT. So in terms of experience I wouldn't worry, the mod1 and mod2 will teach you bigger bike control, you will get bored of a 125 very quickly trust me ;)

Soldato
Wazza, as Shimmy is 24 the new rules don't really come into play as much, as all he has to do is take the DAS test on a bike with atleast 53bhp, unless he plans on using his own bike that won't be a problem as all DAS Training bikes will meet that criteria. All training places have had plenty of notice about the changes so he will be fine to take it slowly during the year if he so whishes.

I'm one of those that are doing the 125 first, due to using it to commute, so im not rushing and as im also over 24 (by a few years lol) the new changes don't effect us, it affects the training schools more, making sure there bikes fit the changes.

Its really whats suitable for one is'nt suitable for another, so there is no problems going straight for the test at all, actually in some ways its better, as there is no time to pick up any bad habits on a smaller bike lol.

Congrats to Freddie also.

Back
Top Bottom