Passengers want Asian men thrown off the plane!

Soldato
Nickg said:
i know of UK white citizens who have said stupid things like "yes i did pack my suitecase "myself" and it has a bomb in it!" jokingly (not exact statement but u get my sentiment)

You might want to give us some evidence of this, becasue a quick google suggests it unlikely...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/florida/news-article.aspx?storyid=26156

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/1062049/posts

http://www.allbusiness.com/periodicals/article/740404-1.html

http://www.news.vu/en/business/Airl...-hole-in-pocket-of-ex-Vanuatu-policeman.shtml

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/t...&headline=bomb-joke-backfires--name_page.html

http://feeds.torontonews.net/?rid=b40094ec2a5ae75d&cat=03cb86c5037f9622&f=1

http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,,5254537-103690,00.html

Please dont say whatever comes into your head in future...

Last edited:
Man of Honour
VIRII said:
15% - you mean one?
15% would mean either 2 or 3 of them as far as I can make out, that certainly doesn't seem to be the case though.
Maybe she means 15% of their body is white. Their palms, soles of their feet, whites of their eyes etc, can't think of any other reason to be honest assuming what she says is fact & not just racist propaganda.
She does however now acknowledge that they are "current airplane plotters" so maybe sense is getting through:)

Caporegime
cleanbluesky said:
You might want to give us some evidence of this, becasue a quick google suggests it unlikely...

http://www.news.vu/en/business/Airl...-hole-in-pocket-of-ex-Vanuatu-policeman.shtml
That's a black fella. </pedant>
cleanbluesky said:
Aren't they examples of situations where an explicit reference to a bomb was made by the subjects, whereas the protagonists in the OP made no such claims, though their actions were interpreted as such by the other passengers.

Soldato
Borris said:
Aren't they examples of situations where an explicit reference to a bomb was made by the subjects, whereas the protagonists in the OP made no such claims, though their actions were interpreted as such by the other passengers.

I have already provided an example of 30 people evicted from a plane on the basis of behaviour, my links were in reference to this post suggesting that a white person would be able to 'joke' about having a bomb without any reaction from the airline... which I believe to be a dubious claim

Caporegime
cleanbluesky said:
I have already provided an example of 30 people evicted from a plane on the basis of behaviour, my links were in reference to this post suggesting that a white person would be able to 'joke' about having a bomb without any reaction from the airline... which I believe to be a dubious claim
I have been somewhat remiss in following all of the posts in this, somewhat long, thread.

Permabanned
JohnnyG said:
15% would mean either 2 or 3 of them as far as I can make out, that certainly doesn't seem to be the case though.
Maybe she means 15% of their body is white. Their palms, soles of their feet, whites of their eyes etc, can't think of any other reason to be honest assuming what she says is fact & not just racist propaganda.
She does however now acknowledge that they are "current airplane plotters" so maybe sense is getting through:)

I thought 12 people had been charged making the 15% of them white if indeed one of them is white? Then I woke up and redid the maths lol.

Permabanned
VIRII said:
15% - you mean one? I've not seen a white plotter yet although some of the chalk sketches shown on the news are pretty non descript.
Which one was white then? Any chance you can link a picture of him or her?
Don Stewart-Whyte AKA Abdul Waheed
6290d7f3.jpg

And at the risk of stereotyping I'd suggest that Brian Youngs (AKA Umar Islam) family is unlikely to be of recent asian descent.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Sleepy said:
Don Stewart-Whyte AKA bdul Waheed

And at the risk of stereotyping I'd suggest that Brian Youngs (AKA Umar Islam) family is unlikely to be of recent asian descent.
He must be a big lad to make up 15% of 12 people.

Edit: Argh, good one! His name is Whyte lol, I think...

Caporegime
cleanbluesky said:

err... as anicdotal evidence it is very difficult for me to produce "evidence" in a format you may deem worthy.

obviously the links u have added there are far more extreme cases such as;

"Angela Sceats, 19, from Sydney, was accused of trying to a delay a flight to Ireland which she was in danger of missing by getting a friend to ring 999 and say that there was a bomb on the plane."

please dont use links with little practical relevance. thanks.

Permabanned
Sleepy said:
Don Stewart-Whyte AKA Abdul Waheed
6290d7f3.jpg

Is the pictured chap English? He doesn't really look it to me but it is a poor quality photo.

IIRC Brian Youngs is of african decent not sure though as none of the photos or chalk drawings are desperately clear.

Permabanned
VIRII said:
Is the pictured chap English? He doesn't really look it to me but it is a poor quality photo.
wiki said:
[He] was born in Eastbourne, East Sussex. He was raised as a Methodist ... His father, Douglas Stewart-Whyte, who died in 2000, was an agent for the Conservative Party in Westminster, and his mother, Dorothy, taught physical education.
Highly suggestive that he is English.
IIRC Brian Youngs is of african decent not sure though as none of the photos or chalk drawings are desperately clear.
You're right. His family came from the West Indies.

Soldato
Nickg said:
err... as anicdotal evidence it is very difficult for me to produce "evidence" in a format you may deem worthy.

obviously the links u have added there are far more extreme cases such as;

"Angela Sceats, 19, from Sydney, was accused of trying to a delay a flight to Ireland which she was in danger of missing by getting a friend to ring 999 and say that there was a bomb on the plane."

please dont use links with little practical relevance. thanks.

These are exactly like the example you provided, so either your friend was blowing smoke up your ass or you're a liar, which is it?

If you have to pretend the links aren't relevent, I think you already realise you should've done your homework before making such a claim.

Man of Honour
Sleepy said:
I'm still curious as to how you came about your "15% of the current airplane plotters were white" statement.
Let's agree Mr Stewart-Whyte is white for arguments sake even though you say it's "Highly suggestive that he is English." and no real evidence he is white, that makes less than 8.5%.
And Mr Youngs you're not sure of, so how do you come to that figure?:)

Permabanned
JohnnyG said:
I'm still curious as to how you came about your "15% of the current airplane plotters were white" statement.
Let's agree Mr Stewart-Whyte is white for arguments sake even though you say it's "Highly suggestive that he is English." and no real evidence he is white, that makes less than 8.5%.
And Mr Youngs you're not sure of, so how do you come to that figure?:)
You've nothing better to do than criticise my maths? Well lets see in my defence its a friday and I'm stuck home, drowning my sorrows with the odd beer or two so the old synapses might not be firing at full efficiency.

So if I now say 15% (rounded to the nearest integer) of the plotters weren't asian then Bigot Airways has a problem, especially as at least one of the plotters would be waved aboard the 'whites' only plane.

The ethnicity of the 3 converts would appear to be English West Indian and 'Iranian' which includes a number of populations only some of which are usually described as asian.

Man of Honour
Sleepy said:
You've nothing better to do than criticise my maths? Well lets see in my defence its a friday and I'm stuck home, drowning my sorrows with the odd beer or two so the old synapses might not be firing at full efficiency.

So if I now say 15% (rounded to the nearest integer) of the plotters weren't asian then Bigot Airways has a problem, especially as at least one of the plotters would be waved aboard the 'whites' only plane.

The ethnicity of the 3 converts would appear to be English West Indian and 'Iranian' which includes a number of populations only some of which are usually described as asian.
I'm not criticising your maths, just questioning your statements, I thought you wouldn't mind that as you seem to do it a lot.
You can say what you like now, I only had issue with your first, factless (racist propaganda?) statement about the proportion of white people amongst the suspects. It's clear you have no defence for that statement as you are now trying to include a West Indian & Iranian in that & have no idea of the colour of their skin:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Am I correct in thinking that there has yet to be anything, but circumstantial evidence suggesting that it was a prank? To me a smirk could be laughing at the mere idea that it was even a prank, or maybe he remembered something someone said to him at that moment and just stopped himself from laughing? I ask because I'm quite suprised how triumphantist CBS and VIRII if there's not been anything, but the smirk and a comment from one woman saying she thought they were acting a bit OTT in her opinion (with no details).

fini

Back
Top Bottom