Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
That's the frustration I find, LE has a very good crafting system that's deterministic and the RNG comes from how high you can get those specific rolls. D4 will be going for a very similar system with season 4 where loot drops are important (greater affix rolls) and then you can semi deterministically craft 2 additional affix's.

It says a lot about the crafting system when your character is in the mid 80s and your still using items you found in act 2 because nothing better has dropped or been crafted!

Last edited:
Associate
Hows the league going guys? going by here and Reddit it seems a bit of a miss?
Yeah it's not great. Mechanic is poorly explained and designed, has lots of micromanaging, isn't actually rewarding (for me so far at least) and you can't even opt out of it, which is a shame because the Atlas passive tree reworks are feeling decent so far.

Soldato
think it's very build dependant, if you go for a strong meta character then it's fine to get though maps and kinda ignore most of the new mechanic. Try one of the Hierophant archmage builds, or maybe a DD build

Soldato
I'm done with the mechanic already, I'm continuing on for now just to see how the passive tree stuff turns out but it will likely be short league for me as well.

I don't even get what the crafting is doing at this point. 3 times now I've had crafts a minion wand corpse drop, and all 3 times I've practically filled the entire graveyard with corpses to reduce any defensive or life modifiers, and boost caster/attack modifiers, yet all three times I've ended up with no minion modifiers at all, but resistances life/mana instead.

Coming back from Last Epoch just reminds me how much of an unexplained and convoluted mess the crafting has become in this game.

It's completely broken and a total mess, and to make things worse you can't skip this nonsense in your maps.

My first impressions of this league are it's very poor, I should have known when they announced the senseless LMB change.

Last edited:

D3K

D3K

Soldato
League mechanic has a few layers that don’t complement each other.

1. Modified mob packs <- should be optional. Rewards are junk.
2. Allflames to convert the packs <- seems so so, get hardly any of the drops they mention, except gemlings dropping gems all the time
3. Nameless seer <- not had him yet but great he’s very generous
4. Corpse crafting <- “fossils with corpses”. Useless for the layman. Perfect for craft of exile turbo nerds

Overall the league is garbo but the core changes are great. Atlas changes are impactful and mapping feels very rich in content. The last map i ran tonight had a long stretch of so many mechanics - harvest then blight then exped, with strongboxes and essences spread throughout.

I’ll keep playing the main game and take the hit from the overtuned mechanic.
250 deaths at last count, the majority in my 89th level while trying to get through corrupted red maps.

Soldato
ah nice, hopefully by next weekend it's a lot better condition

I've been having a lot of fun with the ball lighting archmage heiro, something about chucking around lighting just does it for me :) I got lucky with a couple of drops, one was the convert to divine which gave me 6 to play with. The other was a bow with enemies killed have 25% change to explode for 10% health as physical. Need to work out what to do with that as its pretty rare I think

Soldato
yeah, all the streamers are showing the strat. Rue recommending to dump currency before prices go crazy. Just spent 20~ divines on gems and jewels :cry: the rest I should be able to craft now if things go nuts. DPS up to about 8.5m on Ice Nova of frostbolts which just melts red maps

Associate
I've not hit a divine map, but even so running a sort hybrid tree with all the map explicit modifiers and my usual league stuff has been pretty fun and feels a like it could still reward big.

The crafting actually worked out for me last night and I got a good minion ring, there was only 1 other one on the market at 20 Div so I might try and replicate it again.

Associate
It's a pain farming the crafts you need in SSF, after recent patch went full spec into necropolis on the atlas tree and in 6 hour mapping didn't get either of the two basic crafts i need.

Eventually they dropped and crafted first proper piece of gear thanks to Poedb, 5 T1 sadist garb with open suffix, pretty happy with that

6pocvEM.jpeg

Have tried a couple T17 maps & yep they're brutal. First time was before you could re-roll & i couldn't even get past first pack, was getting one shot by blue mobs:cry:. Second one i rolled until i thought it looked potentially doable, abomination map, managed to get to the boss and to second stage of fight where they turn into the depraved trinity, he was double ghosted and sent me straight back to my hideout!

Soldato
Ugh, I must be the only POE player in existence who doesn't like DD, not having any fun with it, I can't get into a rythmn while playing. I find it clunky, having to keep casting Desecrate and he DD itself I find doesn't do that much damage so i'm waiting for the Vaal to come up and that's a pain to manage.

Then of course you get down to a boss and there's no souls left so it's slow as hell to take down with normal DD. Then I have a brand to manage and having to use another skill to compliment DD. At this stage of the game (early maps) I can't think of anything i've enjoyed less.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom