Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Soldato
I've reached Maps, i've wreaked my left arm playing tho, love the game, but I'm not used to gaming, got a week off work and gone mad lol, I have a few deaths against Kitavian, but faired ok in the first lvl 1 map I've done, think ill have a rest for now and play something else or have a rest day :D

Associate
I've reached Maps, i've wreaked my left arm playing tho, love the game, but I'm not used to gaming, got a week off work and gone mad lol, I have a few deaths against Kitavian, but faired ok in the first lvl 1 map I've done, think ill have a rest for now and play something else or have a rest day :D
wait how did you wreck your arm playing xD

Iv had to take a bit of break since league launch, im 200 hours in.
Have 3 characters at 90%

I am a bit burnt out

Soldato
wait how did you wreck your arm playing xD

Iv had to take a bit of break since league launch, im 200 hours in.
Have 3 characters at 90%

I am a bit burnt out
Spamming skeletons and summon raging spirits I've only half followed a guide, coming over from Raxxanterax you tube guide, his guide said it's ok to kill all the monsters, so I have

Soldato
I've started the league late. Doing Boneshatter Jugg into my usual Berserker flicker. Don't know much about the league mechanic but from what I've read it won't be too difficult to save up 50 or so divs to switch.

Associate
I've started the league late. Doing Boneshatter Jugg into my usual Berserker flicker. Don't know much about the league mechanic but from what I've read it won't be too difficult to save up 50 or so divs to switch.
It varies to be honest.

The league mechanic makes for some really really juicy maps....
But holy hell some of those empowers are crazy and feel like the equivalent of an uber.

PS: unless your DPS is huge, dont do essences with empower :)

Associate
It varies to be honest.

The league mechanic makes for some really really juicy maps....
But holy hell some of those empowers are crazy and feel like the equivalent of an uber.

PS: unless your DPS is huge, dont do essences with empower :)

Essences not so bad if you can pre-load with traps.

Associate
Like anything PoE currency returns will be a function of how efficiently you can play with the highest level of juice. I've been playing around with the wandering path/Abyss meta for a couple of days and whilst its profitable I am not good enough (gear/skill/efficiency) for it to be noticeably more profitable than some of the other ways I've made currency as the investment per map is pretty high. My build is not some map clearing monster so even at T7 it takes me a while to get rid of a large Abyss spawn and the biggest single drop I've had was 7 div and 10ex. Probably average 2 div per map which sounds good except it takes me about 15-20 mins to prep, do wildwood, clear it and dump stuff in stash, even running an extremely strict filter.

It is fun though! I got trolled in a voidborn reliquary key with a leather belt that turned out to be a Wurm's Molt. Rude!

Soldato
I didn't keep up with the currency gain others have had playing MF and now most upgrades are just priced way out of my reach it feels. 21/20 gem is like 20d now, a good watchers eye is over 40d

Currently have two of Rue's builds on the go, TS voltaxic 94 and poison penance brand at 93. Tried out levelling a kinetic bolt of frag build as well which was fun but I can't afford to really finish it as needs strength stacking gear.

The penance brand builds are pretty nuts but to improve of finish it will take a lot of currency now
Seem to get to this stage every league where the end game grind to afford good gear just feels like a 2nd job and I can't be bothered :cry:

Associate
I didn't keep up with the currency gain others have had playing MF and now most upgrades are just priced way out of my reach it feels. 21/20 gem is like 20d now, a good watchers eye is over 40d

This is the problem with the rate at which currency is being printed, if you cant keep up the upgrades become unaffordable. I'm don't feel I can be bothered to grind out the currency for a headhunter but I'd quite like to have a go with one since I've never tried it but as you say, when it starts to feel like a 2nd job the fun goes out of it.

I might spend a few more days playing with my current char and then start a completely different build to see how that goes. Something a bit more bossing focused maybe.

Associate
I've come back after a week or two away and have hit things running again with my zombie necro. I was getting a bit annoyed with how squishy it is when running the juiced maps, even to the point of starting to level a Guardian for a golem build, but after having a couple of decent drops I'm enjoying it again. Realistically my defences are absolute pants, so I can't complain, I've seen how they can be improved, but that level of investment is likely far beyond what I'll ever be able to achieve (Mageblood + crazy charms), I'll just take the deaths in stride.

I have a tab full of blight maps to run now though, I can probably sneak a level or two in there so long as I'm careful, hopefully I can push for level 96-97.

I've had a good charm show up from the vendor, it might sell for 30+ divines, which would be more than enough to fix some small annoyances like chaos resistance, I don't need stats anymore either so I can aim to get slightly higher life/resist rolls on gloves, helmet, boots and belt which should be a nice little uplift.

I have a +2 wand, and a minions are aggressive wand, but the +2 with minions are aggressive are mega expensive, so I'll probably try and settle with a replacement +1 & aggressive If I can. My zombies are at level 36, Spectre is level 24 but a level 21 gem will get me to the extra spectre summon, which I can then start to save for one of the more crazy ones from the league mechanic.

Animate Guardian I had no idea was so cool, I thought it was just a basic little aura bot style thing for small percentage increases. To find out that you can equip it to make enemies explode, ignite each other and curse has really put a new level of enjoyment to the build. It's just felt like a constant slow feed of discovery & upgrades this time around, it's really converting me over to minion builds in general.

Soldato

Currently have two of Rue's builds on the go, TS voltaxic 94 and poison penance brand at 93. Tried out levelling a kinetic bolt of frag build as well which was fun but I can't afford to really finish it as needs strength stacking gear.

The penance brand builds are pretty nuts but to improve of finish it will take a lot of currency now
Seem to get to this stage every league where the end game grind to afford good gear just feels like a 2nd job and I can't be bothered :cry:

Pretty much nail on head for me. 3 chars, one of them the Penance of Dissonance build, but the t7 cemetary map thing everyone is doing has priced me out. I could do it myself, but I cba now :)

Associate
12 years playing and dropped a mirror.
about time really.
Gave kids sister currency to buy a mageblood as he never had one.
Good league in that regard but not a fan of wisps as its hard to see things there and no map makes it bad.

Soldato
about time really.
Good league in that regard but not a fan of wisps as its hard to see things there and no map makes it bad.

Been playing since beta too and still never even held a mirror, let alone drop one :)

Gratz mate

Last edited:
Associate
about time really.

Congrats! Must be quite the rush to see one actually drop, I’ll keep dreaming

Associate
Congrats! Must be quite the rush to see one actually drop, I’ll keep dreaming
well the formula is straightforward, load up on magic find gear really.
and all 3 wisps gathered.
go ham on mobs but one needs a strong build to deal with the mobs for sure

Associate
Is it possible to save all the uniques you've collected over the years into one "Forever" tab on a character left in standard?

Associate
Is it possible to save all the uniques you've collected over the years into one "Forever" tab on a character left in standard?
There is a premium Unique tab which allows you to store one of each unique in it. It's a pain though as if you set it with unique affiinity then every time you get a dupe you get an error trying to move into your stash unless you remember to shift+ctrl+click to override.

Back
Top Bottom