Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Associate
my skill insta crashed instance with ballista for a while.
they fixed it fast though.

Not suprised really due to new skill gems organization

Associate
Went for a minion build this time around, as soon as I got raise spectre it's gone into overdrive.

I'd bought a sword spectre from the vendor and it was bonkers, it moved around using cyclone, shot waves across the screen and dropped knives from the sky, all the while doing more damage than all of my zombies and SRS. It absolutely melted the first lab on it's own. In clunky fashion though when I got the +1 summoned spectre node I replaced it when summoning something else and lost it. I'm now running 2x Nameless beasts from the league forest area, the big brute things that do charge attacks and AOE slams, they are doing some serious work at least.

Last edited:
Soldato
just found him for first time and managed to kill him with LA DE build, only have 3.2k hp so was expecting to get one shot. I think my cold damage was slowing him making it easier

really enjoying the league mechanic even though the build is a bit squishy for it. It's opt in so I'm only doing it in lower red maps, in T16 with any damage mods it would be a bad time

Associate
just found him for first time and managed to kill him with LA DE build, only have 3.2k hp so was expecting to get one shot. I think my cold damage was slowing him making it easier

really enjoying the league mechanic even though the build is a bit squishy for it. It's opt in so I'm only doing it in lower red maps, in T16 with any damage mods it would be a bad time

The blue wispy things are a tad hard spot.

Associate
The blue wispy things are a tad hard spot.
Playing in HDR game looks awesome for sure.
However, the difficulty spotting wisps things remains.
GGG is aware and has been for years but still design it that way.
Go figure if you dont fix whats broken.

Anyhow, game mechanic is broken magic find for sure if your build can handle it.
2 days and not seen a King.
I had last week 3 maps in a row I found him.

dont get lost in the woods

Associate
I've played a fair amount this league and got a decent build going I'm happy with, although it does struggle with high red maps that are juiced with the league mechanic. Anyway, one thing I've noticed is that I am getting wrecked in phys reflect maps even though as far as I can tell I'm doing no physical damage. Can anyone help spot the problem? Here is the PoB link https://pobb.in/lwIBeF_gehv2

The only thing I can see in calcs is the frenzy links generate some physical damage from...somewhere? I just roll over it but it would be good to understand what's causing it. Thanks!

Associate
I've played a fair amount this league and got a decent build going I'm happy with, although it does struggle with high red maps that are juiced with the league mechanic. Anyway, one thing I've noticed is that I am getting wrecked in phys reflect maps even though as far as I can tell I'm doing no physical damage. Can anyone help spot the problem? Here is the PoB link https://pobb.in/lwIBeF_gehv2

The only thing I can see in calcs is the frenzy links generate some physical damage from...somewhere? I just roll over it but it would be good to understand what's causing it. Thanks!
ice shot convert only 60% to cold

Associate
ice shot convert only 60% to cold
Thanks, I see that but in PoB I see the below

3XvzCm8.png

which suggests to me there should be no physical damage done. Or am I misreading it? Thanks for any light you can shed on this :)

Associate
Hi Brok

How do you get the non channeling skills craft on your rings?
Hiya, its one of the crafting recipes you get from unveiling rings at Jun. You can search for unveiled rings (Veiled = Yes) on the trade site and look for those with unrevealed prefixes, I think specifically the prefix Eleon's is what you want. I then looked for rings with stats I wanted with an open prefix on the trade site.

**Edit*

Try this search, I think this is correct - https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Affliction/2Xvzg5hk

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks, I see that but in PoB I see the below

3XvzCm8.png

which suggests to me there should be no physical damage done. Or am I misreading it? Thanks for any light you can shed on this :)

I think it could be your Manaforged arrow/Frenzy setup that's doing the damage. It's only gaining the 40% conversion from the mastery, not the same extra 60% like Ice arrow does.

Associate
I think it could be your Manaforged arrow/Frenzy setup that's doing the damage. It's only gaining the 40% conversion from the mastery, not the same extra 60% like Ice arrow does.
Its exactly this.

Manaforged/frenzy does physical and only takes the 40% from the tree.
To completely move away from phys damage you need cold convert gloves, you can get them from alva missions in the temples + the eater implicit on gloves should help a ton.

So generating your frenzy charges and power charges is what is hurting you.

In pob, go to the calc, change the skill to your frenzy setup and you will see the phys damage, even though you are pretty tanky and can take phys hits, attack rate + Leech does not out perform the amount of damage you take from physical hits on frenzy.

Associate

Its exactly this.

Manaforged/frenzy does physical and only takes the 40% from the tree.
To completely move away from phys damage you need cold convert gloves, you can get them from alva missions in the temples + the eater implicit on gloves should help a ton.

So generating your frenzy charges and power charges is what is hurting you.

In pob, go to the calc, change the skill to your frenzy setup and you will see the phys damage, even though you are pretty tanky and can take phys hits, attack rate + Leech does not out perform the amount of damage you take from physical hits on frenzy.

Thanks both, that does make sense. I found an easy solution which was to get a charm with cannot take physical reflect damage and along with maxing out awakened ele I'm safe from reflect (although my totems arent..yet). Just cannot leech that causes a bricked map now.

I'm really enjoying this season, I can dip in and out of different content quite happily. Started with essences and then my regular deli/incursion/delve/ritual tree to make currancy to gear up. Just switched to wandering path and will see if I can get any crazy drops going.

Still need to complete Sirus (I have never beaten this) and the Feared for favoured maps and also just found out its possible to open a 5th slot on the map device so will try and give that a go as well! So much stuff to do :)

Back
Top Bottom